Any easy guides for beginners looking to install custom data?

  • thelictorofthrax
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2011
      I hate to ask such a n00b question but I've spent the past couple hours trying to find information on how to load up these custom data files and everything I've found is either too confusing for me or doesn't work.

      Is there a website or link that perhaps I'm missing that simply explains how to install homebrewed data? I have tons and tons of books to install but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

      Any help would be appreciated!
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2011

        Are we talking OOC sets put out by PCGen? If not OOC, and they aren't zipped, then you should be
        able to drop them into the pcgen/data folder.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2011
          Just a follow up - LOADING:

          Advanced Screen - you need to be in the proper gamemode - i.e. 35e, Pathfinder, etc.
          Select the Data Sets you want to use [Go from Left screen to Right Screen] and then hit LOAD.

          If you need more detailed directions, let me know.

          Cheers,