Re: [pcgen] [5.17.8 Pathfinder] Age ability changes

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2011

      The Template is to affect certain changes to "Young" creatures taken directly from the Bestiary.

      The Age Dropdown *only* works if the creature has a Bio Set up - that's been my experience in the
      past dealing with it.

      On 9/29/2011 8:08 AM, Terry Milnes wrote:
      > There is a template for Young Creature in the templates, but I don't
      > see one for the other age categories like Old/Very Old. I thought
      > maybe the dropdown in the description tab would affect the abilities,
      > but it does nothing that I can see. So, how can I add old to a
      > creature?

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • Terry Milnes
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29, 2011
        So there is no way to have a creature old or very old?

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29, 2011
          Terry,

          Oh certainly there is, but most monkeys don't code things in the Bio for critters mainly used as
          monsters - after all, the bio information is normally found for base races that players can use as PCs.

          Setting up a bio for a non-standard race isn't too hard, and if the info isn't available, then you
          can make it up.

          On 9/29/2011 9:12 AM, Terry Milnes wrote:
          > So there is no way to have a creature old or very old?

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • Barak
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 29, 2011

            As Andrew points out, that's the issue. There's usually no definition of
            the break points for the various ages for any of the monster races.

            I suppose we could add templates to our PCGen dataset to apply the effects
            of aging assuming they're all standard across races, then the user could
            just pick one and not worry about what the actual age is...

            Barak
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 30, 2011
              That is a nice idea, as long asvwe make it clear when it shouldn't be
              applied, e.g. Dragons - K