Adding weapons...

  • ronin_wulfr
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2011
      Kind of a "How I mine for fish" thing probobly, but I didn't see anything in the history so here goes: I'm trying to add the New Firearms from Pathfinder: Ultimate Combat to PCgen, and after 20 minutes of banging my head into a wall I give up! How does one add new weapons/equipment to the program? Also is it possible to add a "Firearms" catagory to the Exotic Weapon Proficiency menu, or is it simpler to just make a new feat? Worst case scenario I can mock firearms up as custom crossbows so they'll at least be on the sheet, and just make a feat that says Firearm proficiency.

      Thanks
    • sigurdrisolfsson@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2011
        Ignore the feat thing, problem solved on that front.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2011

          You can simply modify an existing item similar to the item you'd like using the in-built item
          customizer.

          The method the Data folks use is entering it by hand in the data set. You can do the same using the
          starter Data Set, a text editor and a little help from reading the documentation.

          Either method will work.

          Now, your next question, you can add firearms as a valid choice in the Exotic Weapon Proficiency,
          but you'll need to add the Firearms into the proficiency lst file and use TYPE:Exotic to make it
          valid. That would be done by hand, I do not know if you can do that in the in-built customizer.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 8, 2011
            Just made a whole new proficincy, and I'll modify crossbows into guns for
            the time being... I can make this work until the UC add on makes its way
            onto pcgen