Board of Director's Meeting [Non-Quorum] Sept 05, 2011 1900 Hours PDT

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2011

      [19:07] <@[Chair]Drew> *bangs gavel* Welcome to the Board of Directors Open Meeting
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> This is a non-quorum meeting, strictly informational this day.
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> Our Agenda as provided by the Chair Monkey is:
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 1.) General code report - New UI, where are we at, what's left to do?
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 2.) Data report - What's our focus now that Pathfinder APG is done?
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 3.) OS report
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 4.) Docs report
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 5.) Tracker - Now that David has shifted everything across, can we
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> start prioritising for each project with the project lead's help?
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 6.) Release - There's been a couple of packaging offers on the *Nix
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> side, can we help test those?
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 7.) Webteam report
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 8.) Publisher Liaison report
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 9.) Data License report
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 10.) Advertising report
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 11.) Open XML standard for RPG tools - James/coders have you signed
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> up? Had any thoughts?
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> James - looks like we'll start with you - Item #1
      [19:09] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Connor has put together a nice implementation of the portrait selector
      [19:09] <jamesd[Code_SB]> on the description tab. To do is the session log pane, the general
      [19:09] <jamesd[Code_SB]> description pane and the user entered text panes. After that we have
      [19:09] <jamesd[Code_SB]> just the spells and side details such as the item customiser to complete.
      [19:10] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Other than that just a few bug fixes and a new tag to get the number of hands
      [19:11] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Questions?
      [19:11] <@[Chair]Drew> None here
      [19:11] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> nope
      [19:12] <@[Chair]Drew> Item #2 - Data Items
      [19:12] <@[Chair]Drew> I haven't heard from Barak - so I'll take a stab here.
      [19:13] <@[Chair]Drew> Data Team is continuing to support further products being put out by Paizo
      and third party publishers for the Pathfinder system. We've hit a stumbling block in the OOC
      releases where the trunk can no longer maintain a backward compatibility with the branch without
      putting out broken code.
      [19:14] <@[Chair]Drew> I've also hit a stumbling block with prettylst not wanting to work on my
      machine, whether it's due to faulty code I introduced or not, I can't say. I've asked Barak to
      investigate and hopefully that will be fixed shortly, which is delaying my review of three data sets
      ready to go into Alpha
      [19:16] <@[Chair]Drew> I'm also doing data set work when Real Life permits... Doug Limmer has been
      breezing through sets. And we have a Standards update to go on the wiki shortly.
      [19:17] <@[Chair]Drew> Questions for Data?
      [19:17] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> Nope.
      [19:18] <@[Chair]Drew> okay, item #3 - OS Report -
      [19:18] <@[Chair]Drew> Paul is testing a new OS that should make it into the next release.
      Otherwise, no movement on the OS team.
      [19:19] <@[Chair]Drew> Item 4 - Docs - Eric has been touching a few things and making the docs look
      nicer. Not sure about the project status Eric was heading up.
      [19:23] <@[Chair]Drew> Item #5 - Trackers - This is going to be a low priority for me as I've got a
      few other items I need to tackle first. We have our Wishlist items that the Data Team would like
      from the Code team settled - until the UI is completed, I don't foresee any movement there. James is
      the only coder we have that can review the Trackers on his table, which is upwards of 1000+. I'm
      sure it's a low priority till the UI is completed (If not let me know and I'll help ya out James ;)
      ). Eric has been going through and handling them. I'm not sure if we need to "prioritize" them as
      JIRA isn't the same as the SF with the 1-10 system. Our TM's have been good at changing priorities
      when needed.
      [19:23] <@[Chair]Drew> Questions thus far?
      [19:24] <jamesd[Code_SB]> None here and agreed on the trackers - when I get time I am working on the UI
      [19:25] <@[Chair]Drew> Item #6 - Release: James that's another one with Q's up your alley.
      [19:27] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Sorry about the delay
      [19:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Happy to do a release when requested
      [19:28] <@[Chair]Drew> [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> 6.) Release - There's been a couple of packaging
      offers on the *Nix
      [19:28] <@[Chair]Drew> [19:08] <@[Chair]Drew> side, can we help test those?
      [19:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> More volunteers to test the unix packaging would definitely be welcome. It
      is good to see this being tried out
      [19:29] <@[Chair]Drew> Let me finish the three sets I'm reviewing, before we do another release...
      if you don't mind.
      [19:29] <jamesd[Code_SB]> For sure
      [19:32] <@[Chair]Drew> Item #7 - Webteam - Not much to report. Web stuff is all functioning fine and
      dandy. Nothing currently being tested or worked on at the moment. Comment/Question for James though
      - Did we upgrade JIRA? I saw an email about a new release, just wondering.
      [19:33] <jamesd[Code_SB]> No upgrade just yet but I understand their upgrade process is much easier
      now so that may be less daunting than it used to be :)
      [19:33] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I'd like to tackle the upgrade in the next month or so
      [19:34] <@[Chair]Drew> Cool, take your time as long as it's not critical bugs or security flaws, I
      don't think Anestis will mind a month delay... I'd like to see the new UI get the higher priority
      for our testers.
      [19:34] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Cool
      [19:35] <@[Chair]Drew> Item #8 & 9 - PL and Data License report - Not much to report. We're missing
      our PR/PL and DL team.
      [19:35] <@[Chair]Drew> Item #11 - Advert Team - It's all you David.
      [19:36] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> Nothing to report.
      [19:38] <@[Chair]Drew> Okay. Finally Item #11 - Open XML standard for RPG tools. I've been following
      it, and it's pretty cool to say the least. However, as it's all a code deal, I'll let James have the
      podium. ;) (Hands talking stick to James).
      [19:38] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I've signed up and am following the discussion with interest. It has
      [19:38] <jamesd[Code_SB]> stalled a bit this week so I might post a follow-up. So far it all seems
      [19:38] <jamesd[Code_SB]> doable in PCGen fairly easily. The interesting part for us was always
      [19:38] <jamesd[Code_SB]> going to be the reload though, but there seems to be some discussion on
      [19:38] <jamesd[Code_SB]> what that means exactly.
      [19:39] <jamesd[Code_SB]> That's about it
      [19:39] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> From what I have been seeing, isn't it mostly an output sheet issue?
      Don't we already have tags for all (or allmost all) the nformation
      [19:40] <@[Chair]Drew> No, it's a lot more complex than that. It's making a Character be easily used
      between platforms and purposes.
      [19:40] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yes that is why it would be fairly easy for us. The interesting part is if
      we wanted to reload it into the application - that isn't something we have done before
      [19:41] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> Yea, that will be a bear.
      [19:41] <jamesd[Code_SB]> @Drew there seems to be some discussion on scope - which way we jump will
      depend on the scope
      [19:41] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Either way it is my aim to fully support it
      [19:41] <@[Chair]Drew> Yeah, it was looking complex, but as far as purpose goes, it definitely has
      the community of major players involved.
      [19:42] <@[Chair]Drew> Alright, questions, comments, ideas, last minute entries?
      [19:42] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> not from me
      [19:42] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I'd like to propose a simplification of the BoD meeting schedule
      [19:43] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> Yea!
      [19:43] <@[Chair]Drew> Voting will have to be on the BoD list... we're non-quorum. But I also 2nd
      the motion
      [19:43] <@[Chair]Drew> What is your proposed meeting schedule?
      [19:43] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Probably to two different meeting times and have those at easily
      predictable times (e.g the first Monday and the third
      [19:43] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Friday each month)
      [19:44] <jamesd[Code_SB]> but I think we need to look at the two most popular times of the three we
      use and stick with those
      [19:44] <@[Chair]Drew> Sounds reasonable and good to me. David, you want to handle that as a side
      [19:44] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> Monday night, and Friday afternoon, most likely
      [19:44] <jamesd[Code_SB]> We'll have daylight saving change-over coming up soon so that would be a
      good time to have things simplified by :)
      [19:44] <david[ad-pr-2nd]> Sure. I'll post something to the BoD list
      [19:44] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Thanks for that
      [19:45] <@[Chair]Drew> James - good idea, we'll let David handle the legwork... Speaking of leg
      work, do we have any ETA for the next UI release to play with?
      [19:45] <jamesd[Code_SB]> No current ETA but for the adventurous the autobuild is always available.
      [19:46] <@[Chair]Drew> if it's stable I might give it another whirl...
      [19:47] <@[Chair]Drew> I think that's it for tonight. *Bangs Gavel* Meeting adjourned. (US Folks,
      Happy Labor Day)