PFS mixing classes not working?

  • pfsgamer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2011
      I have a Human Fighter Archer L2, and decided to test some leveling up. Fighter is the favored class.

      3 = Ranger L1 with favored enemy, and feat.
      4 = Ranger L2, combat mode & archery feat, & got to bump Dex at 4.
      All good.

      Then at 5, I went back to Fighter L3. No Feats, nor favored bonuses.
      Just skill points. Did 6 = Fighter L4 and still no Bonus Fighter Feats, and no favored class bonus. Not good.

      This is PCGen 5164 ooc7, using Core. APG, and Guide.
    • pfsgamer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2011
        Does this work in 5179?
        Because I just tried it again, and it definitely does NOT work right.
        The Fighter is not getting the +1 to Reflex & Will Saves at level 3 (char 5) either.
        Oddly, it added Trick Shot to the output sheet, but never asked me to select which kind of trick.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2011

          Tested against 5.17.8

          Almost the same set up -

          Human, Fighter Level 3, Ranger Level 2, Level 6 went to Fighter, everything seems to be in order.

          No Archetypes selected.

          Are you willing to try it against v5.17.8?

          On 9/10/2011 2:59 PM, pfsgamer wrote:
          > Does this work in 5179?
          > Because I just tried it again, and it definitely does NOT work right.
          > The Fighter is not getting the +1 to Reflex & Will Saves at level 3 (char 5) either.
          > Oddly, it added Trick Shot to the output sheet, but never asked me to select which kind of trick.
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pfsgamer" <losttrader2000@...> wrote:
          >> I have a Human Fighter Archer L2, and decided to test some leveling up. Fighter is the favored class.
          >>
          >> 3 = Ranger L1 with favored enemy, and feat.
          >> 4 = Ranger L2, combat mode & archery feat, & got to bump Dex at 4.
          >> All good.
          >>
          >> Then at 5, I went back to Fighter L3. No Feats, nor favored bonuses.
          >> Just skill points. Did 6 = Fighter L4 and still no Bonus Fighter Feats, and no favored class bonus. Not good.
          >>
          >> This is PCGen 5164 ooc7, using Core. APG, and Guide.

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • pfsgamer
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2011
            Thanks, Andrew. I found 5178 and tried it. It does work there. :-D
            BTW, the PCGen Wiki only points to 5177. Is that deliberate?

            > Tested against 5.17.8
            >
            > Almost the same set up -
            >
            > Human, Fighter Level 3, Ranger Level 2, Level 6 went to Fighter, everything seems to be in order.
            >
            > No Archetypes selected.
            >
            > Are you willing to try it against v5.17.8?
            >
            > On 9/10/2011 2:59 PM, pfsgamer wrote:
            > > Does this work in 5179?
            > > Because I just tried it again, and it definitely does NOT work right.
            > > The Fighter is not getting the +1 to Reflex & Will Saves at level 3 (char 5) either.
            > > Oddly, it added Trick Shot to the output sheet, but never asked me to select which kind of trick.
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pfsgamer" <losttrader2000@> wrote:
            > >> I have a Human Fighter Archer L2, and decided to test some leveling up. Fighter is the favored class.
            > >>
            > >> 3 = Ranger L1 with favored enemy, and feat.
            > >> 4 = Ranger L2, combat mode & archery feat, & got to bump Dex at 4.
            > >> All good.
            > >>
            > >> Then at 5, I went back to Fighter L3. No Feats, nor favored bonuses.
            > >> Just skill points. Did 6 = Fighter L4 and still no Bonus Fighter Feats, and no favored class bonus. Not good.
            > >>
            > >> This is PCGen 5164 ooc7, using Core. APG, and Guide.
            > >>

            > > ------------------------------------
            > >
            > > Related Lists

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > > --
            > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2011
              Look at the wiki now... (oops, I forgot to update the front page when I
              put the 5.17.8 announcement there)...

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)