Re: [pcgen] Re: Data Set for Valar Publishing Book of Erotic Fantasy

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 43 , Aug 28, 2011
      Hi,

      The set is already packaged for use by the installer. It is just that
      Windows is blocking PCGen from writing to the system folders. Suggested
      fixes are:

      1. Run PCGen as an administrator when you are going to install the set.
      (Right click on the icon and choose Run As Administrator).
      2. Re-install PCGen in a non system folder such as under your user
      folder and then installs will work fine.

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 29/08/2011 12:14 AM Andrew wrote
      > Hi,
      >
      > I don't recall if the zip folder is set up to use the install feature, that particular set might
      > just a folder. Darkon should update the set to use the install feature and move to the pcz format.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > On 8/28/2011 5:16 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
      >> Because the directory for the APG was already created during the initial
      >> install.
      >>
      >> My suggestion for Windows 7 and Vista users (I am on Vista) is to not
      >> put PCGen under Program Files, but under either root (C:/) or under your
      >> document structure.
      >>
      >> -- david
      >> Papa.DRB
      >>
      >> My better half and me (jpg)
      >> <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
      >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>

      >> On 8/28/2011 8:10 AM, Joe Medica wrote:
      >>> I received the same for the last APG build for Pathfinder, but it appears that the data loaded anyway...
      >>>
      >>> Joe Medica
      >>> 570-294-2547
      >>>
      >>> Sent from my iPhone

    • Sir Cerbaill MacGallta
      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 30, 2011
        lol...I know you did. It is your set that is giving me fits. No worries though I am gonna try in manage as I know squat about coding.