Can not load any source material using 5.16.4

  • hoffman042000
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2011
      I have uninstalled and re-installed 5 times now to no avail. It lets me choose what campaign I am running (3e) and that is it. No skills show up, no feats no gear selections nothing. When I tried to load individual material the list is blank. When I open the file it says all the source material is there, but it does not seem that pcgen is finding it in its own folder..

      I could really use a helping hand...
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2011

        On 15 August 2011 11:22, hoffman042000 <hoffman042000@...> wrote:
        >  I have uninstalled and re-installed 5 times now to no avail. It lets me choose what campaign I am running (3e) and that is it. No skills show up, no feats no gear selections nothing. When I tried to load individual material the list is blank. When I open the file it says all the source material is there, but it does not seem that pcgen is finding it in its own folder..
        >
        > I could really use a helping hand...

        Would you be using linux or Java 7 by any chance? Both of these are
        incompatible with PCGen at this time. The workaround is to install
        Sun/Oracle's Java runtime v6. You can read more about this in
        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-235

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • Susan Dittmar
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
          Quoting James Dempsey (jdempsey@...):
          > Would you be using linux or Java 7 by any chance? Both of these are
          > incompatible with PCGen at this time. The workaround is to install
          > Sun/Oracle's Java runtime v6. You can read more about this in
          > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-235

          Just to make sure this is not misunderstood: PCGen works fine on linux, you
          just have to make sure you are using Sun's java, not the open java version
          that often is default on linux systems.

          Hoping not to have added to the confusion,

          Susan
        • Paul
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
            I have noticed that under win7, if I leave the default user/.pcgen options I can ONLY access the Pathfinder stuff. Even i I select the option to have the ini's in the PCGen folder. I've started just deleting the .pcgen folders all together

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Susan Dittmar <Susan.Dittmar@...> wrote:

            > Quoting James Dempsey (jdempsey@...):
            > > Would you be using linux or Java 7 by any chance? Both of these are
            > > incompatible with PCGen at this time. The workaround is to install
            > > Sun/Oracle's Java runtime v6. You can read more about this in
            > > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-235
            >
            > Just to make sure this is not misunderstood: PCGen works fine on linux, you
            > just have to make sure you are using Sun's java, not the open java version
            > that often is default on linux systems.
            >
            > Hoping not to have added to the confusion,
            >
            > Susan

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
              Hi Paul,

              On 16/08/2011 7:55 AM Paul wrote
              > I have noticed that under win7, if I leave the default user/.pcgen options I can ONLY access the Pathfinder stuff. Even i I select the option to have the ini's in the PCGen folder. I've started just deleting the .pcgen folders all together

              What version of PCGen and Java are you using? Where did you ask PCGen to
              be installed? Have you installed any of the OOC sets? Happy to work
              directly with you on IM or via email to sort this one out and post back
              the result.

              Cheers,
              James.