5.17.7 - PF Advanced - "invalid XML character" while exporting

  • apodavini
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 14, 2011
      Hi.
      I get this error:
      "An invalid XML character (Unicode 0x16) was found in the element content of the document"
      when trying to export the character below.

      Thanks for your attention,
      A.

      PCGVERSION:2.0

      # System Information
      CAMPAIGN:Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced
      VERSION:5.17.7
      ROLLMETHOD:2|EXPRESSION:House Rules
      PURCHASEPOINTS:Y|TYPE:House Rules
      POOLPOINTS:20
      POOLPOINTSAVAIL:18
      GAMEMODE:Pathfinder_RPG
      TABLABEL:0
      AUTOSPELLS:Y
      USEHIGHERKNOWN:N
      USEHIGHERPREPPED:N
      LOADCOMPANIONS:N
      USETEMPMODS:Y
      AUTOSORTGEAR:Y
      SKILLSOUTPUTORDER:0
      IGNORECOST:Y
      ALLOWDEBT:N
      AUTORESIZEGEAR:N

      # Character Bio
      CHARACTERNAME:HUR1
      TABNAME:
      PLAYERNAME:NPC
      HEIGHT:65
      WEIGHT:155
      AGE:0
      GENDER:Male
      HANDED:Right
      SKINCOLOR:
      EYECOLOR:
      HAIRCOLOR:
      HAIRSTYLE:
      LOCATION:
      CITY:
      BIRTHDAY:
      BIRTHPLACE:
      PERSONALITYTRAIT1:
      PERSONALITYTRAIT2:
      SPEECHPATTERN:
      PHOBIAS:
      INTERESTS:
      CATCHPHRASE:
      PORTRAIT:

      # Character Attributes
      STAT:STR|SCORE:16
      STAT:DEX|SCORE:14
      STAT:CON|SCORE:10
      STAT:INT|SCORE:10
      STAT:WIS|SCORE:12
      STAT:CHA|SCORE:14
      ALIGN:CE
      RACE:Human

      # Character Class(es)
      CLASS:Antipaladin|LEVEL:4|SKILLPOOL:12|SPELLBASE:CHA|CANCASTPERDAY:0,0
      CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Antipaladin=1|HITPOINTS:10|SKILLSGAINED:3|SKILLSREMAINING:3
      CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Antipaladin=2|HITPOINTS:9|SKILLSGAINED:3|SKILLSREMAINING:3
      CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Antipaladin=3|HITPOINTS:2|SKILLSGAINED:3|SKILLSREMAINING:3
      CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Antipaladin=4|HITPOINTS:8|PRESTAT:DEX=1|SKILLSGAINED:3|SKILLSREMAINING:3

      # Character Experience
      EXPERIENCE:9000

      # Character Templates
      TEMPLATESAPPLIED:[NAME:Human]
      TEMPLATESAPPLIED:[NAME:Standard Character Traits]

      # Character Region
      REGION:None

      # Character Skills
      SKILL:Acrobatics|OUTPUTORDER:1|
      SKILL:Appraise|OUTPUTORDER:3|
      SKILL:Bluff|OUTPUTORDER:4|
      SKILL:Climb|OUTPUTORDER:5|
      SKILL:Craft (Untrained)|OUTPUTORDER:6|
      SKILL:Diplomacy|OUTPUTORDER:7|
      SKILL:Disguise|OUTPUTORDER:8|
      SKILL:Escape Artist|OUTPUTORDER:9|
      SKILL:Fly|OUTPUTORDER:10|
      SKILL:Heal|OUTPUTORDER:11|
      SKILL:Intimidate|OUTPUTORDER:12|
      SKILL:Perception|OUTPUTORDER:13|
      SKILL:Perform (Untrained)|OUTPUTORDER:14|
      SKILL:Ride|OUTPUTORDER:15|
      SKILL:Sense Motive|OUTPUTORDER:16|
      SKILL:Stealth|OUTPUTORDER:17|
      SKILL:Survival|OUTPUTORDER:18|
      SKILL:Swim|OUTPUTORDER:19|
      SKILL:Acrobatics (Jump)|OUTPUTORDER:2|

      # Character Languages
      LANGUAGE:Common

      # Character Feats
      FEATPOOL:-3.0

      # Character Abilities
      USERPOOL:Aberrant Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      ABILITY:Ability Bonus|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:+2 Constitution|TYPE:AbilityBonus
      USERPOOL:Ability Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Abyssal Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Adaptability Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Adaptation Ability Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Adaptation Creature Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Affliction|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Afflictions|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Alchemist Discovery|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Alchemist Grand Discovery|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Alignment Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Animal Trick|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Aquatic Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Arcane Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Arcane Bloodline School Power|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Arcane Bond|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Arcane Opposition School|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Archer Trick Shot Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Archetype|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Aspect Master Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Aspect of the Beast Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Bard Favored Bonus Spell|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Battle Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Beastmaster Companion Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Bone Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Boreal Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Campaign Trait Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Campaign Traits|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Cavalier Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Cavalier Order|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Celestial Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Channel Energy|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Class Archetype|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Class Level +2 Ability Adjustment|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Class Level +4 Ability Adjustment|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Class Level -2 Ability Adjustment|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Combat Style|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Combat Trick Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Companion Level Increase Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Companion Stat Increase|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      ABILITY:Cruelty|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Sickened ~ Cruelty|TYPE:SpecialAttack.Supernatural.Cruelty.LayOnHands|DESC:Whenever you use Touch of Corruption to deal damage to one target, the target is also sickened for %1 rounds.&pipe;CrueltyLVL
      USERPOOL:Cruelty|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Deepearth Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Destined Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Divine Bond|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Draconic Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Dreamspun Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Druid Bear Shaman Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Druid Domain|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Druid Eagle Shaman Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Druid Lion Shaman Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Druid Serpent Shaman Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Druid Wolf Shaman Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Dwarf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Eidolon Biped Evolution|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Eidolon Bonus Skill|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Eidolon Evolution|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Eidolon Quadruped Evolution|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Eidolon Serpentine Evolution|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Eidolon Skill|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Elemental Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Elemental Fist Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Elf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Expanded Arcana Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Expanded Repertoire Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Expert Class Skills|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Extreme Endurance Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      ABILITY:Favored Class|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Antipaladin|TYPE:FavoredClass
      USERPOOL:Favored Class|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      ABILITY:Favored Class Bonus|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Bonus Hit Point|APPLIEDTO:,,,|TYPE:FavoredClassBonus
      USERPOOL:Favored Class Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Favored Community|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Favored Community Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Favored Enemy|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Favored Enemy Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Favored Terrain|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Favored Terrain Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Outflank|TYPE:Combat.Teamwork|DESC:You look for every edge when flanking an enemy.
      ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Combat Reflexes|TYPE:Combat.SerpentineBloodline|DESC:You can make additional attacks of opportunity.
      ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Improved Initiative|TYPE:Combat.AberrantBloodline.ArcaneBloodline.DraconicBloodline.ElementalBloodline.FeyBloodline|DESC:Your quick reflexes allow you to react quickly to danger.
      USERPOOL:FEAT|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Fey Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Fiendish Boon|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Fighter Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Flame Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Giant Spider Type|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Gnome Racial Knowledge|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Gnome Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Half Elf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Half Orc Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Half-Elf Bonus Weapon|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Halfling Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Heavens Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      ABILITY:Human Racial Trait|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Grant Default Racial Abilities|TYPE:RacialTraits.DefaultRacial
      USERPOOL:Human Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Hunter's Bond|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Hunter's Trick Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Infernal Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Inquisitor Domain Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Inquisitor Favored Bonus Spell|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Inquisitor Judgment Effect|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Inspiring Command Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Intelligent Item|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Alignment|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Languages|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Power|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Purpose|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Purpose Power|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Internal|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Knowledge Class Skill|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Life Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Lore Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Loremaster Secret|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Master Shifter Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Mercy|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Monk Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Mounted Mastery Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Nature Bond|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Nature Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Necromancer Channeling|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Obsessive Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Oracle Curse|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Oracle Maneuver Mastery|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Oracle Mystery|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Oracle Spell Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Oracle Weapon Mastery|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Protean Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Rage Power|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Ranger Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Rogue Talent|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Saving Throw Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Serpentine Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Shadow Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Shifter's Blessing Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Soothsayer Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Sorcerer Bloodline|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Sorcerer Favored Bonus Spell|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Special Ability|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Starsoul Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Stone Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Stormborn Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Swashbuckler Weapon Proficiency|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Tactician Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Teamwork Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Terrain Dominance Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Terrain Mastery Selection|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      ABILITY:Traits|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:No Traits ~ Trait|TYPE:Trait.BasicTrait.CombatTrait.FaithTrait.MagicTrait.SocialTrait.RaceTrait.ReligionTrait.RegionTrait|DESC:You do not have any character traits.
      USERPOOL:Traits|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Undead Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Verdant Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Versatile Performance|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Waves Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Adept Monk Weapon Focus Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Adept Monk Weapon Specialization Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Master Chosen Weapon|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Mastery|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Training|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Training I|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Training II|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Training III|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Weapon Training IV|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Wind Mystery Revelation|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Witch Hex|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Witch Patron|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Wizard Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Zen Archer Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Zen Archer Weapon Focus Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      USERPOOL:Zen Archer Weapon Specialization Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
      ABILITY:*LANGBONUS|TYPE:VIRTUAL|CATEGORY:*LANGBONUS|KEY:*LANGBONUS|APPLIEDTO:|TYPE:
      USERPOOL:*LANGBONUS|POOLPOINTS:0.0

      # Character Weapon proficiencies
      WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Axe (Throwing)|WEAPON:Bardiche|WEAPON:Battleaxe|WEAPON:Bayonet|WEAPON:Bec de Corbin|WEAPON:Bill|WEAPON:Blowgun|WEAPON:Cestus|WEAPON:Chakram|WEAPON:Club]
      WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Crossbow (Heavy)|WEAPON:Crossbow (Light)|WEAPON:Dagger|WEAPON:Dagger (Punching)|WEAPON:Dart|WEAPON:Falchion|WEAPON:Flail|WEAPON:Flail (Heavy)|WEAPON:Gauntlet|WEAPON:Gauntlet (Spiked)]
      WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Glaive|WEAPON:Glaive-Guisarme|WEAPON:Grapple|WEAPON:Greataxe|WEAPON:Greatclub|WEAPON:Greatsword|WEAPON:Guisarme|WEAPON:Halberd|WEAPON:Hammer (Light)|WEAPON:Handaxe]
      WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Javelin|WEAPON:Kukri|WEAPON:Lance|WEAPON:Longbow|WEAPON:Longspear|WEAPON:Longsword|WEAPON:Lucern Hammer|WEAPON:Mace (Heavy)|WEAPON:Mace (Light)|WEAPON:Morningstar]
      WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Pick (Heavy)|WEAPON:Pick (Light)|WEAPON:Pilum|WEAPON:Quarterstaff|WEAPON:Ranseur|WEAPON:Rapier|WEAPON:Rock|WEAPON:Sap|WEAPON:Scimitar|WEAPON:Scythe]
      WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Shieldbash (Heavy)|WEAPON:Shieldbash (Light)|WEAPON:Shortbow|WEAPON:Shortspear|WEAPON:Sickle|WEAPON:Sling|WEAPON:Spear|WEAPON:Spear (Boar)|WEAPON:Spells (Ray)|WEAPON:Spells (Touch)]
      WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Spiked Armor|WEAPON:Stake|WEAPON:Starknife|WEAPON:Sword (Bastard)|WEAPON:Sword (Short)|WEAPON:Sword Cane|WEAPON:Trident|WEAPON:Unarmed Strike|WEAPON:Waraxe (Dwarven)|WEAPON:Warhammer]

      # Character Equipment
      MONEY:0
      EQUIPNAME:Spined Shield|OUTPUTORDER:3|COST:5580.0|WT:15.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Spined Shield|DATA:EQMOD=STEEL.PLUS1S.MAGIC_COST&pipe;4410]
      EQUIPNAME:Masterwork Full Plate (Armor Spikes)|OUTPUTORDER:1|COST:1700.0|WT:50.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Full Plate|DATA:NAME=Masterwork Full Plate (Armor Spikes)$EQMOD=STEEL.MWORKA.SPIKE_A]
      EQUIPNAME:Morningstar +1 (Unholy)|OUTPUTORDER:2|COST:18308.0|WT:6.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Morningstar|DATA:NAME=Morningstar +1 (Unholy)$EQMOD=STEEL.PLUS1W.UNHOLY]
      EQUIPNAME:Armor Spikes|OUTPUTORDER:0|COST:0.0|WT:0.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Armor Spikes|DATA:EQMOD=STEEL]
      EQUIPSET:Default Set|ID:0.1|USETEMPMODS:Y
      EQUIPSET:Armor|ID:0.1.1|VALUE:Masterwork Full Plate (Armor Spikes)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
      EQUIPSET:Primary Hand|ID:0.1.2|VALUE:Morningstar +1 (Unholy)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
      EQUIPSET:Shield|ID:0.1.3|VALUE:Spined Shield|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
      CALCEQUIPSET:0.1

      # Temporary Bonuses

      # EquipSet Temp Bonuses

      # Character Deity/Domain
      DEITY:Lamashtu|DEITYDOMAINS:[DOMAIN:Chaos|DOMAIN:Evil|DOMAIN:Madness|DOMAIN:Strength|DOMAIN:Trickery|DOMAIN:Deception Subdomain|DOMAIN:Demon Subdomain (Chaos)|DOMAIN:Demon Subdomain (Evil)|DOMAIN:Ferocity Subdomain|DOMAIN:Insanity Subdomain|DOMAIN:Nightmare Subdomain|DOMAIN:Thievery Subdomain]|ALIGNALLOW:|DESC:Goddess of madness, monsters, nightmares|HOLYITEM:|DEITYFAVWEAP:[WEAPON:Falchion]|DEITYALIGN:Chaotic Evil

      # Character Spells Information
      SPELLBOOK:Class|TYPE:4

      # Character Description/Bio/History
      CHARACTERBIO:
      CHARACTERDESC:
      CHARACTERCOMP:
      CHARACTERASSET:
      CHARACTERMAGIC:
      CHARACTERDMNOTES:

      # Kits
      KIT:Character Traits

      # Character Master/Follower

      # Character Notes Tab

      # Age Set Selections
      AGESET:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0
    • Aldo Podavini
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 16, 2011
        On 14/08/2011 21.58, apodavini wrote:

        > Hi.
        > I get this error:
        > "An invalid XML character (Unicode 0x16) was found in the element
        > content of the document"
        > when trying to export the character below.
        >
        > Thanks for your attention,
        > A.

        Hi
        Nobody can help...?

        Thanks

      • Susan Dittmar
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 16, 2011
          Dear A.,

          I do not know if this causes the problem, but here's what I spotted while
          reading the character file:

          Quoting apodavini (a.podavini@...):
          > ABILITY:Cruelty|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Sickened ~ Cruelty|TYPE:SpecialAttack.Supernatural.Cruelty.LayOnHands|DESC:Whenever you use Touch of Corruption to deal damage to one target, the target is also sickened for %1 rounds.&pipe;CrueltyLVL

          There's a &pipe; where a | (the pipe symbol) should have been. I don't have
          PCGen on hand, so I cannot check where Cruelty comes from, or if the
          program substitutes &pipe; correctly.

          > EQUIPNAME:Spined Shield|OUTPUTORDER:3|COST:5580.0|WT:15.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Spined Shield|DATA:EQMOD=STEEL.PLUS1S.MAGIC_COST&pipe;4410]

          Here again a &pipe; where I would expect a |

          I have to admit that's only a shot into the dark, especially as I cannot
          find a connection between this find and the error message you quoted.

          Btw, you posted the character file, but not your PCGen version, your
          computer's operating system (Linux, Windows, Mac,...), your java version,
          and which data sets you were loading. That's information those trying to
          figure out the problem might need.

          Hope that helps nonetheless,

          Susan
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 16, 2011
            Hi Aldo,

            On 16/08/2011 5:03 PM Aldo Podavini wrote
            > On 14/08/2011 21.58, apodavini wrote:
            >> Hi.
            >> I get this error:
            >> "An invalid XML character (Unicode 0x16) was found in the element
            >> content of the document"
            >> when trying to export the character below.
            >>
            >> Thanks for your attention,
            >> A.
            >>
            > Hi
            > Nobody can help...?
            Didn't have time last night but I did trace it tonight. I've found the
            errant character is in the description for Aura of Cowardice. The minus
            in the -4 penalty is a special hyphen rather than a minus.

            I've raisedDATA-448 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-448>-Invalid XML
            character in Aura of Cowardice description
            <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-448> to track the actual fix. In the
            meantime if you need it quickly you can update the entry in the file
            alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_class.lst

            Finally I'm adding to the code the ability to scan for these issues in
            advance :)

            Cheers,
            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB

          • Aldo Podavini
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 16, 2011
              On 16/08/2011 10.58, Susan Dittmar wrote:

              > [...]
              >
              > Btw, you posted the character file, but not your PCGen version, your
              > computer's operating system (Linux, Windows, Mac,...), your java version,
              > and which data sets you were loading. That's information those trying to
              > figure out the problem might need.

              Hello Susan, thank you for your attention.
              pcgen version and dataset were in my message's subject: 5.17.7, PF Advanced
              OS is Windows XP SP3

              A.

            • Aldo Podavini
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 16, 2011
                On 16/08/2011 11.09, James Dempsey wrote:

                > Didn't have time last night but I did trace it tonight. I've found the
                > errant character is in the description for Aura of Cowardice. The minus
                > in the -4 penalty is a special hyphen rather than a minus.
                >
                > I've raisedDATA-448 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-448>-Invalid XML
                > character in Aura of Cowardice description
                > <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-448> to track the actual fix. In the
                > meantime if you need it quickly you can update the entry in the file
                > alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_class.lst

                Hello James, thank you for your answer.
                However, the error still occurs, although I've changed the dirty
                character to a clean minus (no only in the "Aura of cowardice", but also
                in other 5 or 6 similar occurrences),

                Regards,
                Aldo

              • James Dempsey
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 16, 2011
                  Hi Aldo,

                  On 16/08/2011 9:02 PM Aldo Podavini wrote
                  > On 16/08/2011 11.09, James Dempsey wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Didn't have time last night but I did trace it tonight. I've found the
                  >> errant character is in the description for Aura of Cowardice. The minus
                  >> in the -4 penalty is a special hyphen rather than a minus.
                  >>
                  >> I've raisedDATA-448<http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-448>-Invalid XML
                  >> character in Aura of Cowardice description
                  >> <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-448> to track the actual fix. In the
                  >> meantime if you need it quickly you can update the entry in the file
                  >> alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_class.lst
                  >>
                  > Hello James, thank you for your answer.
                  > However, the error still occurs, although I've changed the dirty
                  > character to a clean minus (no only in the "Aura of cowardice", but also
                  > in other 5 or 6 similar occurrences),
                  You'll have to reload the sources once you have cleaned them up, but yes
                  there are a few in the anti-paladin's abilities. I've put a full list of
                  those reported in the APG in http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-448

                  Cheers,
                  James.
                • Matthew Thompson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11, 2012
                    This error is still occuring.

                    I just downloaded the latest version of both the stable application (5.16.4) and the PF source files, did an install, created an anti-paladin, and get the invalid character on export.  The only way to export it is to preview to HTML and print from the web browser.

                    Any idea when these errors are going to be fixed?

                    Matt

                    >________________________________

                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 11, 2012
                      It was fixed for 5.17.9, if you're fixing for 5.16.4 you'll need to apply
                      the fix manually as suggested - K

                      On 11 April 2012 19:09, Matthew Thompson <mattdt0@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > This error is still occuring.
                      >
                      > I just downloaded the latest version of both the stable application
                      > (5.16.4) and the PF source files, did an install, created an anti-paladin,
                      > and get the invalid character on export. The only way to export it is to
                      > preview to HTML and print from the web browser.
                      >
                      > Any idea when these errors are going to be fixed?
                      >
                      > Matt
                      >
                      > >________________________________

                    • Matthew Thompson
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 11, 2012
                        When will 5.17.9 be stable, any idea?

                        If I read correctly, it's currently in alpha yes?

                      • David R. Bender
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 11, 2012
                          Alpha, not in the industry sense. The 5.17.9 & .10 is rock solid.

                          -- david
                          Papa.DRB

                          My better half and me (jpg)

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 11, 2012

                            I used 5.17.10 and it's as solid as 5.16.4 - A bit faster and better error catching too. I'd avoid
                            5.17.11+ as those are very unstable at the moment.