Re: two questions

  • Derrick T
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 13, 2011
      I currently am running 3.5e gamne mode with the following game sets:
      3.5 RSRD (all)
      Pazio - Rise of the Runelords-Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
      Pazio - Rise of the Runelords-Plarer's Guide
      PCGen Open Gaming Content
      PCGen Open Gaming Content-Psicrystal Hit Dice
      MyCustom

      > Hi Derrick!
      >
      > Which gamemode are you using? Which data sets are loaded?
      >
      > This will help us zero in on how best to help you.
      >
      > Maredudd
      >
      > On Aug 12, 2011, at 8:05 AM, Derrick T wrote:
      >
      > > 1) how do I add a "type", I am wanting to add Damascus steel as a type to be applied to weapons.
      > >
      > > 2) I have noticed that new weapons are not being displayed on my printed characters correctly. They tend to be displayed as if they are two handed weapons instead of one-handed or melee. When I look at the Preview sheet tab they display correctly.
      > >
      > > from equipment.lst
      > > Gladius PROFICIENCY:WEAPON|Sword (Short) TYPE:Weapon.Standard.Melee.Finesseable.Piercing.Slashing.Sword COST:20 WT:2 CRITMULT:x2 CRITRANGE:1 DAMAGE:1d8 EQMOD:STEEL WIELD:Light SIZE:M
      > >
      > > from weaponprofs.lst
      > > Gladius TYPE:Light
      > >
      > > thanks in advance

    • Derrick Taylor
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 19, 2011
        I put the following two entries in [mycustomEquipMods.lst], reloaded the
        datasets, picked a dagger selected "customize" and did not see my new
        metals listed as options. Any ideals on where I made a mistake?

        Damascius Steel KEY:DSTEEL NAMEOPT:NORMAL
        TYPE:BaseMaterial.Mundane.Weapon COST:2500 VISIBLE:QUALIFY
        ITYPE:Metal !PRETYPE:1,EQMODTYPE=Mundane !PRETYPE:1,Wooden

        Iridium KEY:Irid NAMEOPT:NORMAL TYPE:BaseMaterial.Weapon
        COST:500 VISIBLE:QUALIFY ITYPE:Metal
        BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|2

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 19, 2011

          You mean you edited the folder with the readme that specifically says not to edit any files in that
          folder or bad things might happen?

          The Custom folder is things you create using the In Built Editiors, I'd highly recommend NOT to edit
          those files, cause they're handled a bit differently than regular lst files. For one, the program
          actually writes and edits those files, and two, the coders expressly say it's a bad idea.

          What you want to edit is the files that are already set up to be used for homebrew, look in the
          pcgen/data/homebrew/ folder. My Campaign is set up as an intro to data set creation.

          Place those Equipment Modification entries you made in the proper file, alter the pcc file to remove
          the '#' from in front of the equipmod line, so the pcc file will load your new stuff, and load your
          homebrew campaign using the advanced loader screen. Mind you, if it's Pathfinder, you'll need to use
          'Pathfinder' as the GAMEMODE entry in the pcc file.

          If you have any specific lst editing questions, please ask those over on the Lst File Yahoo Group.

          Cheers,

          On 8/19/2011 9:18 PM, Derrick Taylor wrote:
          > I put the following two entries in [mycustomEquipMods.lst], reloaded the
          > datasets, picked a dagger selected "customize" and did not see my new
          > metals listed as options. Any ideals on where I made a mistake?
          >

          > Damascius Steel KEY:DSTEEL NAMEOPT:NORMAL
          > TYPE:BaseMaterial.Mundane.Weapon COST:2500 VISIBLE:QUALIFY
          > ITYPE:Metal !PRETYPE:1,EQMODTYPE=Mundane !PRETYPE:1,Wooden
          >
          > Iridium KEY:Irid NAMEOPT:NORMAL TYPE:BaseMaterial.Weapon
          > COST:500 VISIBLE:QUALIFY ITYPE:Metal
          > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|2
          >

          >> I currently am running 3.5e gamne mode with the following game sets:
          >> 3.5 RSRD (all)
          >> Pazio - Rise of the Runelords-Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
          >> Pazio - Rise of the Runelords-Plarer's Guide
          >> PCGen Open Gaming Content
          >> PCGen Open Gaming Content-Psicrystal Hit Dice
          >> MyCustom
          >> --- In <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com> pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C
          > Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
          >> Hi Derrick!
          >>
          >> Which gamemode are you using? Which data sets are loaded?
          >>
          >> This will help us zero in on how best to help you.
          >>
          >> Maredudd
          >>
          >> On Aug 12, 2011, at 8:05 AM, Derrick T wrote:
          >>
          >>> 1) how do I add a "type", I am wanting to add Damascus steel as a type
          > to be applied to weapons.
          >>> 2) I have noticed that new weapons are not being displayed on my printed
          > characters correctly. They tend to be displayed as if they are two handed
          > weapons instead of one-handed or melee. When I look at the Preview sheet tab
          > they display correctly.
          >>> from equipment.lst
          >>> Gladius PROFICIENCY:WEAPON|Sword (Short)
          > TYPE:Weapon.Standard.Melee.Finesseable.Piercing.Slashing.Sword COST:20 WT:2
          > CRITMULT:x2 CRITRANGE:1 DAMAGE:1d8 EQMOD:STEEL WIELD:Light SIZE:M
          >>> from weaponprofs.lst
          >>> Gladius TYPE:Light
          >>>
          >>> thanks in advance

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        • Kantor Rythmeiger
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 23, 2011
            I am not very d20 savvy, but I think I know that a cleric has set of
            spells they can prepare and then usually an extra 'domain' spell.
            pcgen (current stable release with the alpha 6 pathfinder data set)
            seems to know this since when I try and add the extra spell it states it
            needs to come from the cleric's domain.
            But I don't know how to do it..

            I have gleaned from reading that this whole area may be currently buggy
            and if that's the answer then no problem, I have a pencil and can write
            it in, but if I am missing a task then I'd like to know.
            The documentation on the wiki and downloaded seems not to explain what
            to do, but maybe it's me.

            BTW, great software, wish there was something similar for d100 games,
            but that's for another dimension..

            Tom
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 23, 2011

              I've not heard of any issue regarding domains, unless it was the druid, which this doesn't sound like.

              Did you actually select your two domains on the domain tab?

              The next area would be in the spell list (Assuming this is where you're encountering the extra spell
              issue) - If you have your domains you'll actually see '+ Domain' in the list, inside will be the
              spells allowed for the domains you have selected.

              Cheers,

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 25, 2011
                Andrew wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I've not heard of any issue regarding domains, unless it was the
                > druid, which this doesn't sound like.
                >
                > Did you actually select your two domains on the domain tab?
                >
                > The next area would be in the spell list (Assuming this is where
                > you're encountering the extra spell
                > issue) - If you have your domains you'll actually see '+ Domain' in
                > the list, inside will be the
                > spells allowed for the domains you have selected.

                I shall try again, it will no doubt be me that's got it wrong somehow.