Datasets Missing

  • funky_abigail
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2011
      Hi all

      I recently re-booted my computer (a monthly event), and now PCGen does not show any data sources on the Advanced Sources screen. Any help would be appreciated as I have some custom data that I use and can no longer load.

      I have tried reinstalling PCGen from scratch but to no avail.

      I'm running Windows 7 64bit if that helps.

      Thanks

      Abby.
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2011
        Hi Abby,

        A couple of checks to make:

        1. Are you running Java 7? If so you will need to run PCGen with Java 6.
        2. If you rename the <user folder>/.pcgen/options.ini to something else
        does it fix it?

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 10/08/2011 10:33 PM funky_abigail wrote
        > Hi all
        >
        > I recently re-booted my computer (a monthly event), and now PCGen does not show any data sources on the Advanced Sources screen. Any help would be appreciated as I have some custom data that I use and can no longer load.
        >
        > I have tried reinstalling PCGen from scratch but to no avail.
        >
        > I'm running Windows 7 64bit if that helps.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Abby.

      • Abigail Michell
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16, 2011
          Acording to the Java aplet in control panel I've got Java 1.7.

          Renaming the options.ini file didn't fix the problem. I did notice that the
          "Basic screen" works when loading sources, but that doesn't really work for
          me since I have some custom sources that I've written.

          Abby

          On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:03 PM, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi Abby,
          >
          > A couple of checks to make:
          >
          > 1. Are you running Java 7? If so you will need to run PCGen with Java 6.
          > 2. If you rename the <user folder>/.pcgen/options.ini to something else
          > does it fix it?
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James.
          >
          > On 10/08/2011 10:33 PM funky_abigail wrote
          >
          > > Hi all
          > >
          > > I recently re-booted my computer (a monthly event), and now PCGen does
          > not show any data sources on the Advanced Sources screen. Any help would be
          > appreciated as I have some custom data that I use and can no longer load.
          > >
          > > I have tried reinstalling PCGen from scratch but to no avail.
          > >
          > > I'm running Windows 7 64bit if that helps.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Abby.

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 2011
            Hi Abby,

            Unfortunately PCGen will not work with Java 1.7* yet. You will need to
            install Java 1.6* and either make it the default or create a script to
            run PCGen using Java 1.6.

            * Confusingly these are also referred to as Java 7 and Java 6 respectively..

            Cheers,
            James.

            On 16/08/2011 6:27 PM Abigail Michell wrote