GenCon here we come

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2011
      I'm leaving right now for GenCon! I plan on taking a bunsh of pictures which I'll put up on the Facebook page, and I plan on talking to some publishers and getting some people to help in the data dept.

      So stop by booth #1734 and say hello if you get the chance!

      Paul Grosse
      PR Silverback
      PCGen BoD.
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2011
        Forgot my camera today so didn't get any pictures.

        Did have a very interesting talk with Patrick Kapera of Crafty games after their seminar.

        And of course while I was at their seminar somebody from Paizo stopped by the booth. It was probably Gary Teter from Paizo.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

        > I'm leaving right now for GenCon! I plan on taking a bunsh of pictures which I'll put up on the Facebook page, and I plan on talking to some publishers and getting some people to help in the data dept.
        >
        > So stop by booth #1734 and say hello if you get the chance!
        >
        > Paul Grosse
        > PR Silverback
        > PCGen BoD.

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2011
          I added photo's to PCGen's Facebook page of the photo's I took today for GenCon 2011. The ones from a seminar were from Catalyst Game Lab's "What's up with ShadowRun

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

          > Forgot my camera today so didn't get any pictures.
          >
          > Did have a very interesting talk with Patrick Kapera of Crafty games after their seminar.
          >
          > And of course while I was at their seminar somebody from Paizo stopped by the booth. It was probably Gary Teter from Paizo.
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm leaving right now for GenCon! I plan on taking a bunsh of pictures which I'll put up on the Facebook page, and I plan on talking to some publishers and getting some people to help in the data dept.
          > >
          > > So stop by booth #1734 and say hello if you get the chance!
          > >
          > > Paul Grosse
          > > PR Silverback
          > > PCGen BoD.

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2011
            Well Day 3 is over Todd Wiley and I handed out about 1400 of the 1500 fliers I brought, luckily I thought ahead and brought the left overs from last year.

            Also handed out appx 200 CD's so far, and at least 5 java developers stopped by and said that they'd be interested in helping in the code!

            And to put a feather in our cap, Erik Mona was walking buy and when I tried to get to take a flyer he said "I am already VERY familiar with PCGen and already use it" so Awesome!!!!

            And what's even better is that Devon Jones came to GenCon and stopped by and I think I talked him into getting back in the project! He was VERY interested in the new UI and code re-write that James, Tom and Connor are doing.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

            > I added photo's to PCGen's Facebook page of the photo's I took today for GenCon 2011. The ones from a seminar were from Catalyst Game Lab's "What's up with ShadowRun
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Forgot my camera today so didn't get any pictures.
            > >
            > > Did have a very interesting talk with Patrick Kapera of Crafty games after their seminar.
            > >
            > > And of course while I was at their seminar somebody from Paizo stopped by the booth. It was probably Gary Teter from Paizo.
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'm leaving right now for GenCon! I plan on taking a bunsh of pictures which I'll put up on the Facebook page, and I plan on talking to some publishers and getting some people to help in the data dept.
            > > >
            > > > So stop by booth #1734 and say hello if you get the chance!
            > > >
            > > > Paul Grosse
            > > > PR Silverback
            > > > PCGen BoD.

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7, 2011
              That's awesome news Paul! Thanks for representing us over there! - K

              On 7 August 2011 02:27, Paul <nylanfs@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Well Day 3 is over Todd Wiley and I handed out about 1400 of the 1500
              > fliers I brought, luckily I thought ahead and brought the left overs from
              > last year.
              >
              > Also handed out appx 200 CD's so far, and at least 5 java developers
              > stopped by and said that they'd be interested in helping in the code!
              >
              > And to put a feather in our cap, Erik Mona was walking buy and when I tried
              > to get to take a flyer he said "I am already VERY familiar with PCGen and
              > already use it" so Awesome!!!!
              >
              > And what's even better is that Devon Jones came to GenCon and stopped by
              > and I think I talked him into getting back in the project! He was VERY
              > interested in the new UI and code re-write that James, Tom and Connor are
              > doing.
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I added photo's to PCGen's Facebook page of the photo's I took today for
              > GenCon 2011. The ones from a seminar were from Catalyst Game Lab's "What's
              > up with ShadowRun
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Forgot my camera today so didn't get any pictures.
              > > >
              > > > Did have a very interesting talk with Patrick Kapera of Crafty games
              > after their seminar.
              > > >
              > > > And of course while I was at their seminar somebody from Paizo stopped
              > by the booth. It was probably Gary Teter from Paizo.

              > pictures which I'll put up on the Facebook page, and I plan on talking to
              > some publishers and getting some people to help in the data dept.

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 7, 2011
                Day #4 is over, the day started with around a 100 of the newest flyers, I ran out of those right about 11:30. Luckily I thought ahead and brought the 300ish flyers I had left over from our booth two years ago. So in all Tod and I handed out appx. 1800 flyers. I got a picture of the guy that received the last of the new fliers. I also able to persuade Darth Vader to stop hunting down the Rebels long enough to give PCGen his endorsement!

                http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150273915112159.346889.131308602158

                > That's awesome news Paul! Thanks for representing us over there! - K
                >
                > On 7 August 2011 02:27, Paul <nylanfs@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Well Day 3 is over Todd Wiley and I handed out about 1400 of the 1500
                > > fliers I brought, luckily I thought ahead and brought the left overs from
                > > last year.
                > >
                > > Also handed out appx 200 CD's so far, and at least 5 java developers
                > > stopped by and said that they'd be interested in helping in the code!
                > >
                > > And to put a feather in our cap, Erik Mona was walking buy and when I tried
                > > to get to take a flyer he said "I am already VERY familiar with PCGen and
                > > already use it" so Awesome!!!!
                > >
                > > And what's even better is that Devon Jones came to GenCon and stopped by
                > > and I think I talked him into getting back in the project! He was VERY
                > > interested in the new UI and code re-write that James, Tom and Connor are
                > > doing.
                > >
                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I added photo's to PCGen's Facebook page of the photo's I took today for
                > > GenCon 2011. The ones from a seminar were from Catalyst Game Lab's "What's
                > > up with ShadowRun

                > > after their seminar.

                > > by the booth. It was probably Gary Teter from Paizo.

                > > pictures which I'll put up on the Facebook page, and I plan on talking to
                > > some publishers and getting some people to help in the data dept.

              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
                  Love it - we totally need that in our marketing ;)