5.17.8 and Pathfinder Legends of Fire

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2 1:51 PM
      just installed 5.17.8
      it has an implementation of Legends of Fire !triffic!
      the LoF implementation doesn't work !boo!

      Alas - the LoF is hard-coded to look for the Character Traits Web
      Enhancement, and does not accept the APG as a substitute...

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2 2:58 PM

        Darn it, I thought I fixed all those. Can you please open a JIRA for this - it'll be a data bug.

        Thanks,

        On 8/2/2011 1:51 PM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > just installed 5.17.8
        > it has an implementation of Legends of Fire !triffic!
        > the LoF implementation doesn't work !boo!
        >
        > Alas - the LoF is hard-coded to look for the Character Traits Web
        > Enhancement, and does not accept the APG as a substitute...

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4 5:06 AM
          Legends of Fire? Do you by chance mean Legacy of Fire?

          I have checked Legacy of Fire and it is coded properly. Please note that the APG does not have a 3.5 conversion and therefore will not load under the 3.5 gamemode.

          Maredudd

          On Aug 2, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:

          > just installed 5.17.8
          > it has an implementation of Legends of Fire !triffic!
          > the LoF implementation doesn't work !boo!
          >
          > Alas - the LoF is hard-coded to look for the Character Traits Web
          > Enhancement, and does not accept the APG as a substitute...
          >
          > --
          > Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
          > ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
          > Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
          > Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

        • Saxum Caribetum
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5 1:19 PM
            On 04/08/2011 13:06, Eric C Smith wrote:
            > Legends of Fire? Do you by chance mean Legacy of Fire?
            >
            > I have checked Legacy of Fire and it is coded properly. Please note that the APG does not have a 3.5 conversion and therefore will not load under the 3.5 gamemode.
            >
            > Maredudd

            I am referring to the newly released PATHFINDER conversion of Legacy Of
            Fire (sorry I got the name wrong).
            PCC in
            "C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5178\data\alpha\paizo\pathfinder_adventure_paths\legacy_of_fire\legacy_of_fire_players_guide\pathfinder_conversion\legacy_of_fire_players_guide_pfrpg.pcc"

            # CVS $Revision: 15129 $ $Author: amaitland $ -- Tue Jun 14 18:40:08
            2011 -- reformated by prettylst.pl v1.39 (build 11455)
            CAMPAIGN:Paizo - Pathfinder Companion: Legacy of Fire Player's Guide
            GAMEMODE:Pathfinder
            TYPE:Paizo Publishing.Pathfinder Adventure Path.Legacy of Fire
            RANK:3
            GENRE:Fantasy
            BOOKTYPE:Supplement
            SETTING:Pathfinder
            PRECAMPAIGN:1,BOOKTYPE=Core Rules,BOOKTYPE=Complete Core
            PRECAMPAIGN:1,Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement,Paizo
            - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide
            PUBNAMELONG:Paizo Publishing
            PUBNAMESHORT:Paizo
            PUBNAMEWEB:http://paizo.com
            SOURCELONG:Legacy of Fire Player's Guide
            SOURCESHORT:LoFPG
            SOURCEWEB:http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/curseOfTheCrimsonThrone/v5748btpy8bdb
            SOURCEWEB:http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizo/products/v5748btpy84bh

            I really don't care if there is/was a 3.5e version of LoF - this is
            listed by PCGen for the Pathfinder system and I have the Pathfinder
            rules system loaded.
            Within Pathfinder, the Traits system was released initially as a web
            download, then placed on a formal footing in the APG.
            All other Trait usage works with wither the Web download or APG loaded.

            --
            Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5 1:31 PM

              Then it should be working. Hm, something to look at after work I suppose. Do the other conversions work?

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5 1:41 PM
                Hi Folks!

                Yeah, I figured that out late last night while reviewing the issue but there has to be something else going on because it is coded to work with the APG. (See the note below)

                I've tested it on 5.17.8 and it works as expected . . .

                Maredudd

                On Aug 5, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:

                > On 04/08/2011 13:06, Eric C Smith wrote:
                > > Legends of Fire? Do you by chance mean Legacy of Fire?
                > >
                > > I have checked Legacy of Fire and it is coded properly. Please note that the APG does not have a 3.5 conversion and therefore will not load under the 3.5 gamemode.
                > >
                > > Maredudd
                > >

                > I am referring to the newly released PATHFINDER conversion of Legacy Of
                > Fire (sorry I got the name wrong).
                > PCC in
                > "C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5178\data\alpha\paizo\pathfinder_adventure_paths\legacy_of_fire\legacy_of_fire_players_guide\pathfinder_conversion\legacy_of_fire_players_guide_pfrpg.pcc"
                >
                > # CVS $Revision: 15129 $ $Author: amaitland $ -- Tue Jun 14 18:40:08
                > 2011 -- reformated by prettylst.pl v1.39 (build 11455)
                > CAMPAIGN:Paizo - Pathfinder Companion: Legacy of Fire Player's Guide
                > GAMEMODE:Pathfinder
                > TYPE:Paizo Publishing.Pathfinder Adventure Path.Legacy of Fire
                > RANK:3
                > GENRE:Fantasy
                > BOOKTYPE:Supplement
                > SETTING:Pathfinder
                > PRECAMPAIGN:1,BOOKTYPE=Core Rules,BOOKTYPE=Complete Core
                > PRECAMPAIGN:1,Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement,Paizo
                > - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide

                This line checks for either the Web Traits file OR the APG.

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 5 2:07 PM
                  On 05/08/2011 21:31, Andrew wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Then it should be working. Hm, something to look at after work I suppose. Do the other conversions work?

                  apart from the usual long list of deprecated features...
                  switching off deprecation messages, and adding Show Detail for
                  unconstructed references, then working through each in turn, loading
                  alongside Core + APG:

                  Carrion Crown - OK

                  Council of Thieves - OK

                  Kingmaker - error

                  21:47:46.385 SEVERE main CDOMFactory:116 Unconstructed Reference: Equipment Aldori Dueling Sword
                  21:47:46.385 SEVERE main TrackingReferenceContext:142 Was used in file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_paths/king
                  maker/kingmaker_players_guide/kingmaker_players_guide_kits.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.kit.gear.GearToken]

                  Legacy of Fire - many errors
                  merely expanding the list and hovering the mouse over the entry streams
                  out messages of the form

                  22:04:04.197 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement

                  22:05:12.993 SEVERE main Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:13.8 SEVERE main Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
[...]
                  22:05:13.71 SEVERE main LstFileLoader:153 ERROR:file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_of
                  _fire_players_guide/lofpg_prof_weapon.lst
                  Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
                  Message:C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5178\data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_adventure_path\legacy_of_fire\legacy_of_fire_players_guide\lofpg_prof_weapon.lst (The
                  system cannot find the path specified)
                  22:05:13.86 SEVERE main LstFileLoader:153 ERROR:file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_of
                  _fire_players_guide/lofpg_prof_shield.lst
                  Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
                  Message:C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5178\data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_adventure_path\legacy_of_fire\legacy_of_fire_players_guide\lofpg_prof_shield.lst (The
                  system cannot find the path specified)
                  22:05:15.489 SEVERE main LstFileLoader:153 ERROR:file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_o
                  f_fire_players_guide/lofpg_deities.lst
                  Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
                  Message:C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5178\data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_adventure_path\legacy_of_fire\legacy_of_fire_players_guide\lofpg_deities.lst (The sys
                  tem cannot find the path specified)
                  22:05:15.707 SEVERE main LstFileLoader:153 ERROR:file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_o
                  f_fire_players_guide/lofpg_templates.lst
                  Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
                  Message:C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5178\data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_adventure_path\legacy_of_fire\legacy_of_fire_players_guide\lofpg_templates.lst (The s
                  ystem cannot find the path specified)
                  22:05:16.253 SEVERE main LstFileLoader:153 ERROR:file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_o
                  f_fire_players_guide/lofpg_equipment.lst
                  Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
                  Message:C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5178\data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_adventure_path\legacy_of_fire\legacy_of_fire_players_guide\lofpg_equipment.lst (The s
                  ystem cannot find the path specified)
                  22:05:16.830 SEVERE main CDOMFactory:116 Unconstructed Reference: PCTemplate Finding Haleen
                  22:05:16.830 SEVERE main TrackingReferenceContext:142 Was used in file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_paths/lega
                  cy_of_fire/legacy_of_fire_players_guide/pathfinder_conversion/lofpg_abilities_traits.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.TemplateLst]
                  22:05:17.314 SEVERE main Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:17.314 SEVERE main Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:17.329 SEVERE main Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:17.361 SEVERE main Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:17.361 SEVERE main Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:17.751 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:17.751 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:17.860 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement
                  22:05:17.875 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 Globals:340 Could not find campaign: Paizo - Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement

                  Serpent's Skull - OK

                  Cheliax, Empire of Devils - OK

                  Dwarves of Golarion - OK

                  Qadira, Gateway to the East - OK

                  Sargava, the Lost Colony - errors

                  21:55:37.486 SEVERE Thread-4 CDOMFactory:116 Unconstructed Reference: PCTemplate Human Ethnicity (Colonial Sargavan)
                  21:55:37.486 SEVERE Thread-4 TrackingReferenceContext:142 Was used in file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_companion/sargav
                  a_the_lost_colony/stlc_abilities_background.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.TemplateLst]
                  21:55:37.938 SEVERE Thread-4 MultToken:111 Ability (Special Ability) Nomadic had MULT:NO but did have CHOOSE
                  21:55:37.938 SEVERE Thread-4 MultToken:111 Ability (Special Ability) Nomadic had MULT:NO but did have CHOOSE

                  Guide to the River Kingdoms - OK

                  Heart of the Jungle

                  21:57:58.762 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.762 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Spider Vine Poison
                  21:57:58.762 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.762 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Bonecrusher (Dengue) Fever
                  21:57:58.762 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Boot Soup
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Brainworms
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Dysentery
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Firegut
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Green Haze
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Greenscale
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Malaria (Jungle Fever)
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Pulsing Puffs
                  21:57:58.778 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.793 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Red Drip
                  21:57:58.793 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Cannot find Ability Category: Affliction
                  21:57:58.793 LSTERROR Thread-6 AbilityLoader:117 Illegal Token 'CATEGORY' 'Affliction' for pcgen.core.Ability Sleeping Sickness
                  21:58:01.164 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Bonecrusher (Dengue) Fever did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Abi
                  lity
                  21:58:01.164 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Boot Soup did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.164 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Brainworms did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.164 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Dysentery did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.164 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Firegut did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.164 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Green Haze did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.164 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Greenscale did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.164 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Malaria (Jungle Fever) did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability

                  21:58:01.180 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Pulsing Puffs did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.180 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Red Drip did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.180 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Sleeping Sickness did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability
                  21:58:01.180 SEVERE Thread-6 CategoryToken:79 Ability Spider Vine Poison did not have a Category specified. A Category is required for an Ability

                  Inner Sea Primer - OK

                  Rite Publishing - 101 1st level spells - errors

                  22:00:16.189 SEVERE Thread-5 AbstractReferenceManufacturer:904 More than one Spell with key/name Keen Senses was built
                  22:00:16.189 SEVERE Thread-5 AbstractReferenceManufacturer:914 Sources: file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/alpha/rite/101_1st_Lvl_Spells/1011stlev
                  elspells_spells.lst, file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_spells.lst
                  22:00:16.189 SEVERE Thread-5 AbstractReferenceManufacturer:904 More than one Spell with key/name Borrow Skill was built
                  22:00:16.189 SEVERE Thread-5 AbstractReferenceManufacturer:914 Sources: file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/alpha/rite/101_1st_Lvl_Spells/1011stlev
                  elspells_spells.lst, file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5178/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_spells.lst

                  Krazy Kragnar's Alchemical Workshop - OK

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 5 2:13 PM
                    On 05/08/2011 21:41, Eric C Smith wrote:
                    > Hi Folks!
                    >
                    > Yeah, I figured that out late last night while reviewing the issue but there has to be something else going on because it is coded to work with the APG. (See the note below)
                    >
                    > I've tested it on 5.17.8 and it works as expected . . .
                    >
                    > Maredudd

                    I think I have found something... in the PCC, it lists

                    # Imported 35e data files
                    DEITY:@/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_of_fire_players_guide/lofpg_deities.lst|(INCLUDE:Besmara|Sivanah)
                    EQUIPMENT:@/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_of_fire_players_guide/lofpg_equipment.lst
                    SHIELDPROF:@/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_of_fire_players_guide/lofpg_prof_shield.lst
                    WEAPONPROF:@/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_of_fire_players_guide/lofpg_prof_weapon.lst
                    TEMPLATE:@/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/legacy_of_fire/legacy_of_fire_players_guide/lofpg_templates.lst

                    but I don't install the d20ogl data - why would I bother? I only use
                    Pathfinder!

                    There's nothing to indicate, while installing, that the out-dated
                    D20/3.5 codes are needed for anything new...

                    --
                    Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                  • pshipley@ymail.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 8 3:46 PM
                      Yes, several of the conversions depend on the original dataset and don't repeat the data that works - they only provide fixes to stuff that needs changing. I followed that convention when I did this one.

                      So - to fix you need to grab the d20ogl version because the Pathfinder conversion depends on it.

                      Cheers

                      Paul