Re: [pcgen] Re: Allow newer sources ... preference

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
      It might be that your datasets don't include a SOURCEDATE tag in their
      PCC files, and PCGen cannot decide which set is the most recent one. Try
      adding these tags in the form like SOURCEDATE:2011-08 (for August 2011).
      If this doesn't make the message go away, you can either upload the
      (preferably zipped) datasets to the file area of this yahoo group, or
      mail them directly to me at this address, I will see what I can do.

      Regards,
      Stefan.

      On 01.08.2011 14:15, distant_scholar wrote:
      > I'm using 5.17.6, and they're self-made data sets for a couple of
      > third-party Pathfinder supplements. Let me know how to best send
      > them to you, and I will.
      >
      > (The supplements are Psionics Expanded: Mind over Body, and Psionics
      > Expanded: Find the Mark, if anyone is interested.)
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> On 31.07.2011 22:46, distant_scholar wrote:
      >>> I was loading several sources, and two sources had the same
      >>> spell defined, so I got an error message. I checked the "allow
      >>> newer sources to override duplicate object from older sources"
      >>> check box, and the error message still appeared. Also, both
      >>> spells (with different source pages) were available. Is this to
      >>> be expected?
      >>
      >> That's weird. Which version of PCGen were you using, and what are
      >> the sources and the duplicated spells? I'll check into it once I
      >> know.
      >>
      >> Regards, Stefan.
      >>

      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > Related Lists PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/ PCGen's Roadmap:
      > http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap PCGen's alpha build:
      > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php PCGen's Online Docs:
      > http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html PCGen's Backup
      > Autobuilds and Docs:
      >
      > PCGen List File Help:
      > in creating new homebrew or official list files)
      >
      > PCGen Experimental:
      > official data source development) Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
          Hi Folks!

          Which 3rd party sources?

          If we have permission from the sources' publishers there is no reason we can't add them to our collection and u/ling then=m to this group list would be fine.

          If we don't have permission, there is the possibility that we can seek out such permission, but you should probably email them directly to Stefan . . .

          Maredudd

          On Aug 1, 2011, at 12:32 PM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:

          > It might be that your datasets don't include a SOURCEDATE tag in their
          > PCC files, and PCGen cannot decide which set is the most recent one. Try
          > adding these tags in the form like SOURCEDATE:2011-08 (for August 2011).
          > If this doesn't make the message go away, you can either upload the
          > (preferably zipped) datasets to the file area of this yahoo group, or
          > mail them directly to me at this address, I will see what I can do.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Stefan.
          >
          > On 01.08.2011 14:15, distant_scholar wrote:
          > > I'm using 5.17.6, and they're self-made data sets for a couple of
          > > third-party Pathfinder supplements. Let me know how to best send
          > > them to you, and I will.
          > >
          > > (The supplements are Psionics Expanded: Mind over Body, and Psionics
          > > Expanded: Find the Mark, if anyone is interested.)
          > >
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...>
          > > wrote:

          > >> That's weird. Which version of PCGen were you using, and what are
          > >> the sources and the duplicated spells? I'll check into it once I
          > >> know.
          > >>
          > >> Regards, Stefan.
          > >>

          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Related Lists PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
          > > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/ PCGen's Roadmap:
          > > http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap PCGen's alpha build:
          > > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html PCGen's Backup
          > > Autobuilds and Docs:
          > > http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
          > >
          > > PCGen List File Help:
          > > in creating new homebrew or official list files)
          > >
          > > PCGen Experimental:
          > > official data source development) Yahoo! Groups Links

        • distant_scholar
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2011
            They're the two sections of Psionics Expanded that have been released so far. They require Psionics Unleashed. I think the publisher (Dreamscarred Press) is on our 'OK' list. I've sent an earlier version of Psionics Unleashed to be vetted for inclusion, but I haven't heard anything about it.

            I'll e-mail the files, just to be on the safe side.

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2011
              Hi Distant!

              I found Unleashed and Untapped in the system but they haven't been worked since they were added. I also checked and we do have open permissions from Dreamscarred press so you can u/l the sets to the group. It might be better though to u/l them to the appropriate folder at pcgen_exerimental.

              Maredudd

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2011
                I didn't do anything with the old 3.x Untapped Potential book.

                Which version of "Unleashed" did you use that "[hadn't] been worked"?

                Regardless, I've put my current versions up in experimental.