Alchemist's Extra Discovery

  • almeidafreak
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12, 2011
      Hey guys,

      I was giving a shot at the alchemist today and as I selected the feat extra discovery I did not get an extra discovery (this was done at level 3).

      Has this been noticed already?

      Hope I could help in any way!

      Gabriel.
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12, 2011
        Hi Folks!
        On Jul 12, 2011, at 4:12 PM, almeidafreak wrote:

        > Hey guys,
        >
        > I was giving a shot at the alchemist today and as I selected the feat extra discovery I did not get an extra discovery (this was done at level 3).
        >
        > Has this been noticed already?
        >
        > Hope I could help in any way!

        Yep! And fixed for the next release.

        Maredudd
      • rexhammerforge
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
          Maredudd,

          I'm building some of the PFS pre-gens and noticed that for the Alchemist the item Formula Book doesn't exist.

          I guessing that functionally it's the same as a spell book for the purposes of filling it with spells, but for the purposes of inventory there isn't an object (that I can find).

          Thanx,

          Kizan AKA Rex

          > Hi Folks!
          > On Jul 12, 2011, at 4:12 PM, almeidafreak wrote:
          >
          > > Hey guys,
          > >
          > > I was giving a shot at the alchemist today and as I selected the feat extra discovery I did not get an extra discovery (this was done at level 3).
          > >
          > > Has this been noticed already?
          > >
          > > Hope I could help in any way!
          >

          > Yep! And fixed for the next release.
          >
          > Maredudd

        • rexhammerforge
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
            Maredudd,

            It would be great if there was a Thrown Bomb weapon for the Alchemist also. That way it would show up on the weapon list.

            Kizan AKA Rex

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "rexhammerforge" <yahoo6@...> wrote:

            > Maredudd,
            >
            > I'm building some of the PFS pre-gens and noticed that for the Alchemist the item Formula Book doesn't exist.
            >
            > I guessing that functionally it's the same as a spell book for the purposes of filling it with spells, but for the purposes of inventory there isn't an object (that I can find).
            >
            > Thanx,
            >
            > Kizan AKA Rex
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Folks!
            > > On Jul 12, 2011, at 4:12 PM, almeidafreak wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hey guys,
            > > >
            > > > I was giving a shot at the alchemist today and as I selected the feat extra discovery I did not get an extra discovery (this was done at level 3).
            > > >
            > > > Has this been noticed already?
            > > >
            > > > Hope I could help in any way!
            > >

            > > Yep! And fixed for the next release.
            > >
            > > Maredudd

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
              Hi Folks!

              rexhammerforge wrote:

              > Maredudd,
              >
              > I'm building some of the PFS pre-gens and noticed that for the Alchemist the item Formula Book doesn't exist.
              >
              > I guessing that functionally it's the same as a spell book for the purposes of filling it with spells, but for the purposes of inventory there isn't an object (that I can find).

              I just checked and the APG doesn't explicitly list a Formulae Book in the equipment section so we did not code one up. That said, there is certainly no problem using the included Spell Book instead, as they should work the same way, or coding one up yourself and adding it.

              > Thanx,
              >
              > Kizan AKA Rex
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Folks!
              > > On Jul 12, 2011, at 4:12 PM, almeidafreak wrote:
              > >
              > > > Hey guys,
              > > >
              > > > I was giving a shot at the alchemist today and as I selected the feat extra discovery I did not get an extra discovery (this was done at level 3).
              > > >
              > > > Has this been noticed already?
              > > >
              > > > Hope I could help in any way!
              > >

              > > Yep! And fixed for the next release.
              > >
              > > Maredudd

            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
                Hi Folks!

                I just checked v5.17.7 and I don't see a bomb yet there is a Bomb included in the Ranged Weapon file in the repository so maybe its been added since the last alpha release. If that is the case then the next release, 5.17.8 and OOC 7, will include it.

                As for the Formula Book, thats an easy add. It does duplicate the wizard's spellbook and should look like this:

                Formula Book (Alchemist's/Blank)
                TYPE:Goods.Tools.Spellbook
                NUMPAGES:100
                PAGEUSAGE:max(SPELLLEVEL,1)
                COST:15
                WT:3
                SOURCEPAGE:Custom

                I just noticed that we don't have a LST Editor for equipment . . . (I don't use the editors usually)

                We'll have to see about adding this to a PCGen set.

                Maredudd