Re: [pcgen] Re: [Pathfinder] Diety Favored Weapon

  • Aldo Podavini
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 11 3:49 AM
      I guess so...
      You can *always* wield two-handed any weapon, and unless it's not light,
      you get your STR bonus multiplied by 1.5

      But my question now becomes: how can I get it working with pc-gen ?

      On 11/07/2011 1.16, Paul wrote:
      > Cool, of course then the question becomes "If somebody who is NOT proficient with bastard sword two handed (martial), but gains the ability to use it one handed (exotic) able to use it two handed without a penalty."
      >
      > I mean logically if you can use it one handed you sure as hell can use it two handed.
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry Milnes<neofax99@...> wrote:
      >> I think I remember someone asking if you automatically receive Exotic
      >> Wepon Proficiency if your dieties favored weapon is Bastard Sword.
      >> Paizo just updated their FAQS to answer this question:
      >>
      >> Does a cleric, whose deity's favored weapon is the bastard sword,
      >> receive free martial or exotic weapon proficiency with the sword?
      >> (Core Rulebook, page 39 and 149)
      >>
      >> Since the bastard sword is listed as an exotic weapon, he receives the
      >> Exotic Weapon proficiency with the weapon, allowing him to use it
      >> one-handed.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      > -----
      > Nessun virus nel messaggio.
      > Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
      > Versione: 10.0.1388 / Database dei virus: 1516/3757 - Data di rilascio: 10/07/2011

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 16, 2011
        Hi Aldo,

        Was this resolved for you?

        On 11 July 2011 11:49, Aldo Podavini <a.podavini@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I guess so...
        > You can *always* wield two-handed any weapon, and unless it's not light,
        > you get your STR bonus multiplied by 1.5
        >
        > But my question now becomes: how can I get it working with pc-gen ?
        >

        > On 11/07/2011 1.16, Paul wrote:
        > > Cool, of course then the question becomes "If somebody who is NOT
        > proficient with bastard sword two handed (martial), but gains the ability to
        > use it one handed (exotic) able to use it two handed without a penalty."
        > >
        > > I mean logically if you can use it one handed you sure as hell can use it
        > two handed.
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry Milnes<neofax99@...> wrote:
        > >> I think I remember someone asking if you automatically receive Exotic
        > >> Wepon Proficiency if your dieties favored weapon is Bastard Sword.
        > >> Paizo just updated their FAQS to answer this question:
        > >>
        > >> Does a cleric, whose deity's favored weapon is the bastard sword,
        > >> receive free martial or exotic weapon proficiency with the sword?
        > >> (Core Rulebook, page 39 and 149)
        > >>
        > >> Since the bastard sword is listed as an exotic weapon, he receives the
        > >> Exotic Weapon proficiency with the weapon, allowing him to use it
        > >> one-handed.
        > >>

        > > ------------------------------------
        >

        > > Related Lists
        > > PCGen's Online Docs:
        > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
        > >
        > > PCGen List File Help:
        > >
        > > PCGen Experimental:
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > > -----
        > > Nessun virus nel messaggio.
        > > Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
        > > Versione: 10.0.1388 / Database dei virus: 1516/3757 - Data di rilascio:
        > 10/07/2011

      • Aldo Podavini
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 16, 2011
          Hello Martijn.
          I've read one hour ago your message referring to the solutin found by
          Andrew, and I'm going to test it this weekend.
          I'll let you know.

          Thank you,
          Aldo

          On 16/09/2011 19.03, Martijn Verburg wrote:

          > Hi Aldo,
          >
          > Was this resolved for you?

          > On 11 July 2011 11:49, Aldo Podavini <a.podavini@...
          > <mailto:a.podavini%40mclink.it>> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I guess so...
          > > You can *always* wield two-handed any weapon, and unless it's not light,
          > > you get your STR bonus multiplied by 1.5
          > >
          > > But my question now becomes: how can I get it working with pc-gen ?
          > >

          > > On 11/07/2011 1.16, Paul wrote:
          > > > Cool, of course then the question becomes "If somebody who is NOT
          > > proficient with bastard sword two handed (martial), but gains the
          > ability to
          > > use it one handed (exotic) able to use it two handed without a penalty."
          > > >
          > > > I mean logically if you can use it one handed you sure as hell can
          > use it
          > > two handed.
          > > >
          > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,

          > receives the
          > > >>

          > > > ------------------------------------
          > >

          > > > Related Lists
          > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
          > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
          > > > PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
          > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
          > > http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
          > > >
          > > > PCGen List File Help:
          > > >
          > > > PCGen Experimental:
          > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > > >

          > > > -----
          > > > Nessun virus nel messaggio.
          > > > Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
          > > > Versione: 10.0.1388 / Database dei virus: 1516/3757 - Data di
          > rilascio:
          > > 10/07/2011

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 16, 2011
            Nothing official from Paizo

            http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/rules/deitysFavoredWeaponMartialAndOrExotic&page=1&source=search#1

            My gut reaction as a DM would be that a cleric would be granted the lesser of the feats if he hadn't already possessed it. It they should get Martial use, but not Exotic.

            > Hi Aldo,
            >
            > Was this resolved for you?

            > On 11 July 2011 11:49, Aldo Podavini <a.podavini@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > I guess so...
            > > You can *always* wield two-handed any weapon, and unless it's not light,
            > > you get your STR bonus multiplied by 1.5
            > >
            > > But my question now becomes: how can I get it working with pc-gen ?
            > >

            > > On 11/07/2011 1.16, Paul wrote:
            > > > Cool, of course then the question becomes "If somebody who is NOT
            > > proficient with bastard sword two handed (martial), but gains the ability to
            > > use it one handed (exotic) able to use it two handed without a penalty."
            > > >
            > > > I mean logically if you can use it one handed you sure as hell can use it
            > > two handed.

            > > > ------------------------------------
            > >

            > > > Related Lists
            > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
            > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
            > > > PCGen's Online Docs:
            > > http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
            > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
            > > http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
            > > >
            > > > PCGen List File Help:
            > > >
            > > > PCGen Experimental:
            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > > >

            > > > -----
            > > > Nessun virus nel messaggio.
            > > > Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
            > > > Versione: 10.0.1388 / Database dei virus: 1516/3757 - Data di rilascio:
            > > 10/07/2011

          • Sigurdr Isolfsson
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 16, 2011
              Can't give you a tread reference right now, but I recall somewhere in the
              Ask James Jacobs All Your Questions Here thread he said, in plain English
              that "You get whichever proficiency would grant you full use of the weapon"
              It was in the last 2 months, but that thread is like a thousand pages long,
              so finding it is for the birds, but yes you get the EWP. I would say make a
              Post in the Rules board and get all PCgen users to hit the FAQ button...

              On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Paul <nylanfs@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Nothing official from Paizo
              >

              > http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/rules/deitysFavoredWeaponMartialAndOrExotic&page=1&source=search#1
              >
              > My gut reaction as a DM would be that a cleric would be granted the lesser
              > of the feats if he hadn't already possessed it. It they should get Martial
              > use, but not Exotic.
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Aldo,
              > >
              > > Was this resolved for you?

              > > On 11 July 2011 11:49, Aldo Podavini <a.podavini@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > **
              > > >

              > > > I guess so...
              > > > You can *always* wield two-handed any weapon, and unless it's not
              > light,
              > > > you get your STR bonus multiplied by 1.5
              > > >
              > > > But my question now becomes: how can I get it working with pc-gen ?

              > > > proficient with bastard sword two handed (martial), but gains the
              > ability to
              > > > use it one handed (exotic) able to use it two handed without a
              > penalty."

              > use it
              > > > two handed.

              > Exotic

              > the

              > > > http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
              > > > http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

              > rilascio:
              > > > 10/07/2011

              "Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and
              stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad
              exultation of battle when the blue blades flash flame and crimson, and I am
              content." Conan, Queen of the Black Coasts, by R.E. Howard

            • Aldo Podavini
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2011
                They have added an official FAQ:
                http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy88yj/faq#v5748eaic9o78