Tomes and Manuals (adding insight bonuses)

  • distant_scholar
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
      What technique do you all use in PCGen to bump up ability scores due to a tome or manual? A template? Clicking on the appropriate + button? Something else?

      [This isn't a how-to-code question; I can do that easily enough.]
    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
        Quoting distant_scholar (adventure@...):
        > What technique do you all use in PCGen to bump up ability scores due to a
        > tome or manual? A template? Clicking on the appropriate + button?
        > Something else?

        Hm, I just re-read the entry. Looks like those bonuses do stack and are
        completely 'invisible' on the user once the tome/maunal has been read.
        Damn, I could have sworn those to be non-stacking things!

        I think I would either use a template (works only with non-stacking
        bonuses, if I understand correctly) or an equiped slot-less item. I would
        *not* use the plus button! But that's because I want to look at a character
        sheet and see how stats came to be. And because I would immediately create
        a .MOD to make the bonus a typed one (inherent, as defined in the spell
        description of "wish", which is used to create the tome/manual).

        Hope that helps,

        Susan
      • Susan Dittmar
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
          Quoting Susan Dittmar (Susan.Dittmar@...):
          > Quoting distant_scholar (adventure@...):
          > > What technique do you all use in PCGen to bump up ability scores due to a
          > > tome or manual? A template? Clicking on the appropriate + button?
          > > Something else?
          >
          > Hm, I just re-read the entry. Looks like those bonuses do stack and are
          > completely 'invisible' on the user once the tome/maunal has been read.
          > Damn, I could have sworn those to be non-stacking things!
          >
          > I think I would either use a template (works only with non-stacking
          > bonuses, if I understand correctly) or an equiped slot-less item. I would
          > *not* use the plus button! But that's because I want to look at a character
          > sheet and see how stats came to be. And because I would immediately create
          > a .MOD to make the bonus a typed one (inherent, as defined in the spell
          > description of "wish", which is used to create the tome/manual).

          Thinking of which -- perhaps the template already exists as part of the
          wish spell? I don't have the possibility to check right now...
          If it does not yet exist, it should be added, I think.

          Susan
        • Allen Cohn
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
            I used a template, too...but I'm no expert.

            Allen

            Tomes and Manuals (adding insight bonuses)
            Posted by: "distant_scholar" adventure@... distant_scholar
            Wed Jul 6, 2011 3:35 am (PDT)

            What technique do you all use in PCGen to bump up ability scores due to a
            tome or manual? A template? Clicking on the appropriate + button? Something
            else?

            [This isn't a how-to-code question; I can do that easily enough.]
          • A.a Rayan
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
              groan (No english )
              I m persian

              ________________________________
              > What technique do you all use in PCGen to bump up ability scores due to a

              > tome or manual?  A template?  Clicking on the appropriate + button?

              > Something else?

              Hm, I just re-read the entry. Looks like those bonuses do stack and are

              completely 'invisible' on the user once the tome/maunal has been read.

              Damn, I could have sworn those to be non-stacking things!

              I think I would either use a template (works only with non-stacking

              bonuses, if I understand correctly) or an equiped slot-less item. I would

              *not* use the plus button! But that's because I want to look at a character

              sheet and see how stats came to be. And because I would immediately create

              a .MOD to make the bonus a typed one (inherent, as defined in the spell

              description of "wish", which is used to create the tome/manual).

              Hope that helps,

                  Susan

              ------------------------------------

              Related Lists

              PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:

                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:

                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:

                  pcgen-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  pcgen-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • A.a Rayan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
                Hi Susan

                I m persian
                No english

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
                  Thank you

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
                    A a Rayan,

                    Try <pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com>

                    Our international friends hang out there

                    http://translation.babylon.com/english/to-persian/

                    Cheers,