Re: Error PC Gen 5.17.7

  • stepson_nikodemos
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
      Life to you, Barak. And everlasting glory.

      Just checked to see if I had "Bypass Feat Prerequisites" option turned
      on and I haven't.

      Yours Niko

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]
      Rogue
      > and
      > > the class i'm copying from Thieves' World Player's Manual. All of
      these
      > > classes have access too Metamagic Feats, even Metamagic.Wizard
      Feats.

      > It sounds to me like you have the "Bypass Feat Prerequisites" option
      turned
      > on.
      >
      > Barak

    • stepson_nikodemos
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
        Life to you, Andrew. And everlasting glory.

        Thanks for clearing up the Martial Weapon Proficiency Feat. As for the
        Metamagic feats, they are listed as Type Metamagic.Wizard, and unless
        you can cast spells they are absolutely useless to you, as they all
        increase the level of the spell being cast. So you can't use them with
        any magical device, unless you have it added during the creation of the
        device. And as for your example of a Fighter/Wizard, you've selected a
        spell caster you qualify to use the feats in question and they may prove
        useful.

        Yours Niko

        > Yes, we aren't granting the Martial Weapon Proficiency Feat, we've
        altered how we are doing that.
        > That would be me, and there was a very good reason for doing it - The
        code had changed requiring
        > that you SELECT the proficiency granted... And since the number of
        martial proficiencies fluctuates
        > based upon the sets you load, I took steps to fix it so we wouldn't
        have to worry about it, and show
        > that the character does have the "feat" if need be. As long as nothing
        has changed and it works,
        > there shouldn't be an issue. You'll see the Martial Weapon Proficiency
        listed on the character sheet
        > if you export it.
        >
        > Doug already answered the Metamagic Feats, unless there is a reason
        they shouldn't qualify, i.e. the
        > feat says must be x, then I agree, it's working as expected and
        nothing needs to be done.

        > After all, what if you're playing a Fighter/Wizard?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >

        > On 7/2/2011 4:42 AM, distant_scholar wrote:
        > >
        > > Martial Weapon Proficiencies: I do know that there's been a change
        in how the classes proficient in all martial weapons are handled between
        5.16.4 and 5.17.7 (I'm not quite sure when the change happened). That
        might be part of the first item.

        > > As for metamagic feats, I can't see any reason why a fighter (et
        al.) would not qualify for a metamagic feat. They wouldn't get any use
        out of it, but there's no "must be a spellcaster" or the like listed in
        the prerequisites.

        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "stepson_nikodemos" stepson.nikodemos@
        wrote:
        > >> Life to you, Data Monkeys. And everlasting glory.
        > >>
        > >> I'm using PC Gen 5.17.7, and the 3.5 RSRD Campaign Set I and the
        > >> complete 3.5 RSRD. I've noticed two things that Martial Weapon
        > >> Proficiency do not show in the Ability section of the Feats &
        Abilities

        http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
        > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
        > >
        > > PCGen List File Help:
        > >
        > > PCGen Experimental:
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • distant_scholar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
          The program is set up to allow "legal" choices, not necessarily "smart" choices. I bet one could give a character Weapon Specialization (Net) for all the good it would do.

          The Metamagic TYPE just means the feat counts as a Metamagic feat (for prerequisite purposes). The Wizard TYPE just means the feat can be taken as a Wizard Bonus Feat. Neither is a restriction on who can take it.

          As far as the Fighter/Wizard goes, I can imagine someone planning a Fighter/Wizard starting with Fighter and wanting to take (say) Still Spell as the 1st-level feat, before any spellcasting is available. The rules don't stop it.