Re: PCGen distributing a CD at GenCon

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2011
      Finished all 60 CD's that Chuck had provided, starting on the first of two 100 CD spindles I bought today. :)

      Hope everyone else is keeping up. ;P

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

      > BTW, thanks goes out to Chuck for supplying the boxes of surplus CD's he donated two years ago at GenCon :)
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well so fat I have burnt just over 30 CD's myself, and the iso has been downloaded several times both through the torrent and off the Dropbox account.
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I think I got the torrent created right and uploaded it to the files here on the list.

    • T W
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 22, 2011
        I'm going to have my laptop so we can have it running the software to show people. and also burn during con if need be.

        You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
        Plato

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 26, 2011
          Do you still need more CDs for GenCon? I can help with that, if you like.

          Distant Scholar/Doug Limmer

          On 6/25/2011 10:40 PM, Paul wrote:

          > Okay I have an ISO image for a CD I'd like to distribute for free at
          > GenCon to get people using PCGen and electronic tools in general.
          >
          > Does anyone wish to volunteer to burn a spindle (or two) and either
          > ship them to me or bring them to the booth on Wed morning?
          >
          > Two years ago I ended up handing out about 700ish CD's and along with
          > the flyer they were a big hit and created a big surge in the user
          > base. So this is of definite use to the project.
          >
          > If you volunteer some of your time (and a small amount of cash) doing
          > this please email me back or post here in the mailing list.
          >
          > I'm currently uploading the iso to Dropbox but I'd really like to do
          > it as a torrent or something similar but have never created a torrent
          > so not sure how to start it. So if anyone has a better idea on how to
          > distribute it let me know.
          >
          > Paul Grosse
          > PCGen PR Silverback

        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 27, 2011
            We definitely still could, there should be a torrent file of the ISO here in the yahoo site for the CD that you can grab and burn from. I can't remember if I have bittorrent running at home though.

            Do you still need more CDs for GenCon? I can help with that, if you like.

            Distant Scholar/Doug Limmer

            On 6/25/2011 10:40 PM, Paul wrote:

            > Okay I have an ISO image for a CD I'd like to distribute for free at
            > GenCon to get people using PCGen and electronic tools in general.
            >
            > Does anyone wish to volunteer to burn a spindle (or two) and either
            > ship them to me or bring them to the booth on Wed morning?
            >
            > Two years ago I ended up handing out about 700ish CD's and along with
            > the flyer they were a big hit and created a big surge in the user
            > base. So this is of definite use to the project.
            >
            > If you volunteer some of your time (and a small amount of cash) doing
            > this please email me back or post here in the mailing list.
            >
            > I'm currently uploading the iso to Dropbox but I'd really like to do
            > it as a torrent or something similar but have never created a torrent
            > so not sure how to start it. So if anyone has a better idea on how to
            > distribute it let me know.
            >
            > Paul Grosse
            > PCGen PR Silverback

            Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
            PCGen BoD OGL Silverback & LST Lemur-in-training
            ICQ: 14397299
            AO: Nylan
            CoH:Nylan Neblett
            Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

            "I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks"
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 16, 2011
              That raises an interesting point - should we regularly produce an ISO file
              as part of our release?

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 16, 2011
                The iso would be REALLY small, I think all three versions on one cd was less than 150mb. Which is why I got approval to put bunsh of other software on the CD as well. :)