Launching a .jar from a html link

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2011
      Anyone know how to make a html page launch a .jar file instead of trying to save it?

      Note this is for the CD I plan on handing out at GenCon. Here's the specific link code

      file:///C:/Users/nylanfs/Desktop/test/PCGen_GenCon_2011_CD/Inkwell_Ideas/coa.jar

      Paul G.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2011

        have you checked out rptools.net - I think they use a weblaunch java deal... might be worth checking
        out how they accomplished it.

        On 6/30/2011 6:21 PM, Paul wrote:
        > Anyone know how to make a html page launch a .jar file instead of trying to save it?
        >
        > Note this is for the CD I plan on handing out at GenCon. Here's the specific link code
        >
        > file:///C:/Users/nylanfs/Desktop/test/PCGen_GenCon_2011_CD/Inkwell_Ideas/coa.jar
        >
        > Paul G.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2011
          Hi Paul,

          On 1 July 2011 11:21, Paul <nylanfs@...> wrote:
          > Anyone know how to make a html page launch a .jar file instead of trying to save it?
          >
          > Note this is for the CD I plan on handing out at GenCon. Here's the specific link code
          >
          > file:///C:/Users/nylanfs/Desktop/test/PCGen_GenCon_2011_CD/Inkwell_Ideas/coa.jar

          The vendors run it embedded at
          http://www.inkwellideas.com/coat_of_arms/free_coads.shtml You might
          want to have a look at how they do it by viewing the source of that
          frame. Search for the block starting
          <object classid=

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey