New Update causing problems for all my old characters.

  • ronin_wulfr
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2011
      Every character I built in a previous version of PCgen opens, but from there I tend to get lots of errors, both with familiars and feats that were chosen. Improved Familiar doesn't work AT ALL. Any suggestions or fixes?
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2011

        Speaking on behalf of all the "help-desk monkeys" - DETAILS Please. My GM won't let me take Mind
        Reading, and Break 4th Wall Knowledge. Details makes the difference between a helpful answer and no
        answers cause people don't understand the nature of the issue.

        Basics -

        What version of PCGen are you using?
        5.16.4 (any OOC version?)
        5.17.7?

        What Data Sets are you loading?

        What are the error Messages?

        How does Improved Familiar Not work?

        Answering that, and I'll be more likely to help, or some other monkey if I'm not around.

        On 6/14/2011 1:33 PM, ronin_wulfr wrote:
        > Every character I built in a previous version of PCgen opens, but from there I tend to get lots of errors, both with familiars and feats that were chosen. Improved Familiar doesn't work AT ALL. Any suggestions or fixes?

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2011

          On 15 June 2011 06:33, ronin_wulfr <sigurdrisolfsson@...> wrote:
          > Every character I built in a previous version of PCgen opens, but from there I tend to get lots of errors, both with familiars and feats that were chosen. Improved Familiar doesn't work AT ALL. Any suggestions or fixes?

          A few questions here to work out what is going on:
          * What was the old version of pcgen you were using and what did you move to?
          * What game mode and sources do you have loaded?
          * Are any of these custom ones or ones that we do not distribute?

          Also it would be helppful if you could upload a sample character to
          the "Needs Help With" foilder in the files area so trhat we can see
          what is going on.

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB
        • sigurdrisolfsson@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2011
            Okay, for once I get to use "I just should have played with it some more"
            as a defense. I got everything to work finally by loading the Pathfinder
            for Game Masters, than adding the APG through the advance screen... not
            sure if it's a fix or not but it's a work around. It looks like most of the
            Thanks for the quick responses though, now I'm going to go get back to work
            on my next adventure! Thanks for the excellent program!!!