Re: [PAUL] RE: [pcgen] 5.17.6 - pathfinder - bastard sword as a favored weapon for clerics

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2011

      The rules, unless something has changed for all flavors, is you are granted proficiency with the
      weapon, i.e. You don't have a -4 to use the favored weapon. Exotic Weapon Proficiency is only
      implied if the weapon doesn't fall under Martial Weapon Proficiency. Since Bastard Sword is both a
      Martial and Exotic weapon, you'd get the Martial Weapon Proficiency. Exotic means you've taken extra
      training to use it one handed - it's not negating a non-proficiency penalty.

      Cheers,