Re: [PAUL] RE: [pcgen] 5.17.6 - pathfinder - bastard sword as a favored weapon for clerics

  • Ragabash Moon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2011
      Cool you have publisher contact people! Heh. My thread about it has gotten
      quite a few replies with good arguments for both sides, and alot of people have
      flagged my OP for FAQ inclusion.

      Here is the link again, if you missed it.

      http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/rules/deitysFavoredWeaponMartialAndOrExotic&page=1#8

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2011

        The rules, unless something has changed for all flavors, is you are granted proficiency with the
        weapon, i.e. You don't have a -4 to use the favored weapon. Exotic Weapon Proficiency is only
        implied if the weapon doesn't fall under Martial Weapon Proficiency. Since Bastard Sword is both a
        Martial and Exotic weapon, you'd get the Martial Weapon Proficiency. Exotic means you've taken extra
        training to use it one handed - it's not negating a non-proficiency penalty.

        Cheers,