Re: [pcgen] Re: [pathfinder] errors loading APG

  • sigurdrisolfsson@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2011
      Same here. I'm not sure what the cause is, but it is an alpha release so
      there might be some wierdness.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2011

        Gentlemen, when using an Alpha/Beta version, it's going to give any deprecation messages to let
        users know that next stable cycle those tags will be removed.

        The data will not be updated till we get to the Release Candidate time to ensure backwards
        compatibility with the OOC 5.16.4 users. If we updated now, then no more OOC releases and everyone
        would have to use the latest Trunk version for any updates.

        If you want to see the new syntax, it's buried in the wiki under the arch team pages. We're slowly
        updating the docs with the new syntax. You can safely ignore those messages, or even disable them in
        the preferences.

        Cheers,

        On 6/6/2011 3:20 PM, Allen Cohn wrote:
        > I get the same errors under the same conditions.
        >
        > Allen

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Allen Cohn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
          Hi Andrew,

          The errors we were referring to do not appear to me to be deprecation
          errors, but rather "SEVERE" errors of the "%LIST not defined" variety in the
          traits file. That's different, right? I have appended the error messages
          below.

          Allen

          SEVERE Error parsing file
          file:/C:/Users/Allen/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfind
          er_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst line 127: %LIST
          SEVERE Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
          SEVERE Error parsing file
          file:/C:/Users/Allen/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfind
          er_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst line 128: %LIST
          SEVERE Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
          SEVERE Error parsing file
          file:/C:/Users/Allen/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfind
          er_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst line 129: %LIST
          SEVERE Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
          SEVERE Error: No Skill objects of TYPE=Constitution were loaded but were
          referred to in the data
          SEVERE Was used in
          file:/C:/Users/Allen/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfind
          er_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst in tokens:
          [plugin.lsttokens.choose.SkillToken]
          All Done

          2c.
          Re: [pathfinder] errors loading APG
          Posted by: "Andrew" drew0500@... Drew0500
          Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:53 pm (PDT)

          Hi,

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2011
            Just following up on this one. Are these load errors merely deprecation errors or something more sinister?

            Thanks,
            Allen

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 8, 2011

              Those are already fixed in the trunk. Next release won't have the issue.