Re: [pcgen] PCGen 5.17.7 tries to load D20 modern

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
      On 06/06/2011 23:00, James Dempsey wrote:
      > Hi Saxum,
      >
      > It looks like either you have a PCC file that refers to the modern data,
      > perhaps in the alpha folder, or the default campaigns in the modern game
      > mode are referring to those files. My recollection was that the game
      > mode defaults used campaign titles not paths so would not throw up the
      > file not found errors.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.

      on a hunch, I deleted the options.ini
      I recreated the options, and in the course change to store options in
      the pcgen5.17.7 folder, not user folder (better for multipel versions...)
      anyway, i ended up forgetting to re-enable "load sources at start" ...
      which is interesting, ebcause while it no longer loads the pathfinder
      sources 9though remembers which are selected for load), it still
      complains about the missing msrd files.

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
    • Saxum Caribetum
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
        On 06/06/2011 23:00, James Dempsey wrote:
        > Hi Saxum,
        >
        > It looks like either you have a PCC file that refers to the modern data,
        > perhaps in the alpha folder, or the default campaigns in the modern game
        > mode are referring to those files. My recollection was that the game
        > mode defaults used campaign titles not paths so would not throw up the
        > file not found errors.

        Aha!

        A fuul search through files throws up
        PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\rpgobjects\bloodandblades\bloodandblades.pcc
        PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\rpgobjects\bloodandspace\prometheusrising\bns_pr.pcc
        PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\battlefieldpress\gaslight_rpg\gaslight_players_guide\gaslight_animals\gaslight_animals.pcc
        PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\rpgobjects\moderndispatch\47_new_tortuga\modern_dispatch_47_new_tortuga.pcc
        PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\battlefieldpress\pulp_fantasy\pulpfantasy.pcc
        PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\thegamemechanics\modern_players_companion\mpc.pcc

        all of which reach out of their own location and dip into the msrd.
        Bother!

        They are all part of the standard install ... so in its current form,
        you can't actually have an install which drops all non-pathfinder
        compatible material.

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"