Re: [pcgen] PCGen 5.17.7 tries to load D20 modern

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
      Hi Saxum,

      It looks like either you have a PCC file that refers to the modern data,
      perhaps in the alpha folder, or the default campaigns in the modern game
      mode are referring to those files. My recollection was that the game
      mode defaults used campaign titles not paths so would not throw up the
      file not found errors.

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 7/06/2011 7:39 AM Saxum Caribetum wrote
      > Installed 5.17.7 (or 5.17.6 - same there)
      > When installing I unticked the box "d20ogl" as I only use the PFRPG system.
      >
      > Once started the program runs perfectly, but while starting, it logs errors:
      >
      > C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5177>"c:\Program Files
      > (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Dswing.aatext=true -jar pcgen.jar
      > 22:33:47.231 SEVERE main LstFileLoader:153
      > ERROR:file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/d20ogl/msrd/basics/modern_basics/modernbasics.pcc
      > Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
      > Message:C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5177\data\d20ogl\msrd\basics\modern_basics\modernbasics.pcc
      > (The system cannot find the path specified)
      > 22:33:47.247 SEVERE main LstFileLoader:153
      > ERROR:file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/d20ogl/msrd/basics/modern_creatures/moderncreatures.pcc
      > Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
      > Message:C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5177\data\d20ogl\msrd\basics\modern_creatures\moderncreatures.pcc
      > (The system cannot find the path specified)
      > 22:33:47.247 SEVERE main LstFileLoader:153
      > ERROR:file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/d20ogl/msrd/basics/modern_fx/modernfx.pcc
      > Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
      > Message:C:\Programs\PCGen\PCGen5177\data\d20ogl\msrd\basics\modern_fx\modernfx.pcc
      > (The system cannot find the path specified)
      >

      > the question is - why does it try to load the msrd? it doesn't appear to
      > look for any other folders in the d20ogl section, just msrd!

    • Saxum Caribetum
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
        On 06/06/2011 23:00, James Dempsey wrote:
        > Hi Saxum,
        >
        > It looks like either you have a PCC file that refers to the modern data,
        > perhaps in the alpha folder, or the default campaigns in the modern game
        > mode are referring to those files. My recollection was that the game
        > mode defaults used campaign titles not paths so would not throw up the
        > file not found errors.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James.

        on a hunch, I deleted the options.ini
        I recreated the options, and in the course change to store options in
        the pcgen5.17.7 folder, not user folder (better for multipel versions...)
        anyway, i ended up forgetting to re-enable "load sources at start" ...
        which is interesting, ebcause while it no longer loads the pathfinder
        sources 9though remembers which are selected for load), it still
        complains about the missing msrd files.

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      • Saxum Caribetum
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
          On 06/06/2011 23:00, James Dempsey wrote:
          > Hi Saxum,
          >
          > It looks like either you have a PCC file that refers to the modern data,
          > perhaps in the alpha folder, or the default campaigns in the modern game
          > mode are referring to those files. My recollection was that the game
          > mode defaults used campaign titles not paths so would not throw up the
          > file not found errors.

          Aha!

          A fuul search through files throws up
          PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\rpgobjects\bloodandblades\bloodandblades.pcc
          PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\rpgobjects\bloodandspace\prometheusrising\bns_pr.pcc
          PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\battlefieldpress\gaslight_rpg\gaslight_players_guide\gaslight_animals\gaslight_animals.pcc
          PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\rpgobjects\moderndispatch\47_new_tortuga\modern_dispatch_47_new_tortuga.pcc
          PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\battlefieldpress\pulp_fantasy\pulpfantasy.pcc
          PCGen\PCGen5177\data\alpha\thegamemechanics\modern_players_companion\mpc.pcc

          all of which reach out of their own location and dip into the msrd.
          Bother!

          They are all part of the standard install ... so in its current form,
          you can't actually have an install which drops all non-pathfinder
          compatible material.

          --
          Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"