[pathfinder] errors loading APG

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2011
      5.17.7 (also 5.17.6) + OOC 6
      load Pathfinder core rules - lots of messages about deprecated tags...
      no actual errors in PF code

      load core + APG (or "players - advanced"), and get errors:
      22:55:15.539 SEVERE main LstObjectFileLoader:474 Error parsing file
      file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst
      line 127: %LIST
      22:55:15.539 SEVERE main LstObjectFileLoader:476
      Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
      22:55:15.539 LSTWARN main SkillsNamedToken:44 CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED has
      been deprecated, please use CHOOSE:SKILL|
      22:55:15.539 SEVERE main LstObjectFileLoader:474 Error parsing file
      file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst
      line 128: %LIST
      22:55:15.554 SEVERE main LstObjectFileLoader:476
      Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
      22:55:15.554 LSTWARN main SkillsNamedToken:44 CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED has
      been deprecated, please use CHOOSE:SKILL|
      22:55:15.554 SEVERE main LstObjectFileLoader:474 Error parsing file
      file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst
      line 129: %LIST
      22:55:15.554 SEVERE main LstObjectFileLoader:476
      Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
      22:55:17.223 LSTWARN main SkillsNamedToken:44 CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED has
      been deprecated, please use CHOOSE:SKILL|
      22:55:17.691 SEVERE main AbstractReferenceManufacturer:295 Error: No
      Skill objects of TYPE=Constitution were loaded but were referred to in
      the data
      22:55:17.691 SEVERE main TrackingReferenceContext:142 Was used in
      file:/C:/Programs/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst
      in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.SkillToken]

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
    • Allen Cohn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2011
        I get the same errors under the same conditions.

        Allen
      • sigurdrisolfsson@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2011
          Same here. I'm not sure what the cause is, but it is an alpha release so
          there might be some wierdness.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2011

            Gentlemen, when using an Alpha/Beta version, it's going to give any deprecation messages to let
            users know that next stable cycle those tags will be removed.

            The data will not be updated till we get to the Release Candidate time to ensure backwards
            compatibility with the OOC 5.16.4 users. If we updated now, then no more OOC releases and everyone
            would have to use the latest Trunk version for any updates.

            If you want to see the new syntax, it's buried in the wiki under the arch team pages. We're slowly
            updating the docs with the new syntax. You can safely ignore those messages, or even disable them in
            the preferences.

            Cheers,

            On 6/6/2011 3:20 PM, Allen Cohn wrote:
            > I get the same errors under the same conditions.
            >
            > Allen

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          • Allen Cohn
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
              Hi Andrew,

              The errors we were referring to do not appear to me to be deprecation
              errors, but rather "SEVERE" errors of the "%LIST not defined" variety in the
              traits file. That's different, right? I have appended the error messages
              below.

              Allen

              SEVERE Error parsing file
              file:/C:/Users/Allen/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfind
              er_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst line 127: %LIST
              SEVERE Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
              SEVERE Error parsing file
              file:/C:/Users/Allen/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfind
              er_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst line 128: %LIST
              SEVERE Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
              SEVERE Error parsing file
              file:/C:/Users/Allen/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfind
              er_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst line 129: %LIST
              SEVERE Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: %LIST not defined.
              SEVERE Error: No Skill objects of TYPE=Constitution were loaded but were
              referred to in the data
              SEVERE Was used in
              file:/C:/Users/Allen/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen5177/data/alpha/paizo/pathfind
              er_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_traits.lst in tokens:
              [plugin.lsttokens.choose.SkillToken]
              All Done

              2c.
              Re: [pathfinder] errors loading APG
              Posted by: "Andrew" drew0500@... Drew0500
              Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:53 pm (PDT)

              Hi,

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 8, 2011
                Just following up on this one. Are these load errors merely deprecation errors or something more sinister?

                Thanks,
                Allen

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 8, 2011

                  Those are already fixed in the trunk. Next release won't have the issue.