[pathfinder] game modes

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2011
      starting 5.17.7 OOC6, I notice that the data sections have been revised:
      there is a "Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced" alongside the
      "Pathfinder RPG for Game Masters (includes Monsters)" - both Beta
      These two also appear under "Game Mode/Setting \ The Pathfinder
      Roleplaying Game"

      there's also the separate Core rules, Advanced Player's Guide and Bestiary.

      The load sections don't make it clear what the relations are among these
      ... could someone explain please?

      It "looks" like "Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced" = core rules + APG
      and "Pathfinder RPG for Game Masters (includes Monsters)" = core rules +
      bestiary + bonus bestiary
      which feels "odd" (and a recipe for explosive combinatorial expansion,
      since as a GM, I'd actually be wanting core + apg + bestiary...)

      Is there some actual cunning extra or are they really just bundles?

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2011
        Hi,

        Yes these are just bundles of commonly used sets of data. They are
        mainly for use in the basic source selection page. If you are in
        advanced we assume you are intending to select your own combo :) e.g.
        you could always load the APG with the GMs set.

        BTW: The GM set predates the APG hence why it does not include it.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 7/06/2011 7:52 AM Saxum Caribetum wrote