Re: [Eric] [pcgen] Fresh install 5.17.7 + OOC 6 (PFAPG) SEVERE Error: No Language objects were loaded but were referred to in the data

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
      Thanks,

      Eric - Can you double check everything is right in the OOC?

      On 6/6/2011 2:01 PM, Cameron Bowman wrote:
      > Tested as requested.
      > 5.17.7 clean install causes no problems with any of the Pathefinder rulesets
      > loaded on my setup.
      >
      > On 6/6/2011 9:24 AM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Can you try 5.17.7 alone without the OOC6, and tell me if you get the same
      >> results. I'm trying to
      >> narrow down where the trouble lies. Though OOC don't delete anything, but
      > mayhap
      >> something was
      >> overlooked.
      >
      > On 6/6/2011 8:39 AM, Cameron Bowman wrote:
      >> As the subject says, I've a fresh install of 5.17.7+OOC 6. I'm on WinXP
      > Pro.
      >> Java version 6 Standard Edition.
      >> If I load 'Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced', or 'Pathfinder RPG for
      >> Game Masters (includes monsters)', I get this error in the log window:
      >>
      >> SEVERE Error: No Language objects were loaded but were referred to in the
      >> data
      >>
      >> I'm able to select 'New' from the File menu, but doing so tells me to load
      >> data set first.

      >> ------------------------------------
      >>
      >> Related Lists
      >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
      >> PCGen's Online Docs:
      >> PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
      >> PCGen List File Help:

      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>

      > --
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
        Hi Cameron,

        I had that recently and it turned out to be corrupt settings. There are
        two ways to fix this:
        1. Update the locations in preferences to point to the right folders and
        restart PCGen; or
        2. Stop PCGen, rename the .C:\Document and
        Settings\username\.pcgen\options.ini to something different
        (e.g.options.ini-old ) and then restart PCGen.

        In the second case PCGen will automatically set the locations to the
        default spots and it should work.

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB

        On 7/06/2011 1:39 AM Cameron Bowman wrote