Re: [pcgen] Fresh install 5.17.7 + OOC 6 (PFAPG) SEVERE Error: No Language objects were loaded but were referred to in the data

  • Cameron Bowman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6 2:01 PM
      Tested as requested.
      5.17.7 clean install causes no problems with any of the Pathefinder rulesets
      loaded on my setup.

      On 6/6/2011 8:39 AM, Cameron Bowman wrote:
      > As the subject says, I've a fresh install of 5.17.7+OOC 6. I'm on WinXP
      Pro.

      http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6 2:07 PM
        Thanks,

        Eric - Can you double check everything is right in the OOC?

        On 6/6/2011 2:01 PM, Cameron Bowman wrote:
        > Tested as requested.
        > 5.17.7 clean install causes no problems with any of the Pathefinder rulesets
        > loaded on my setup.
        >
        > On 6/6/2011 9:24 AM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> Can you try 5.17.7 alone without the OOC6, and tell me if you get the same
        >> results. I'm trying to
        >> narrow down where the trouble lies. Though OOC don't delete anything, but
        > mayhap
        >> something was
        >> overlooked.
        >
        > On 6/6/2011 8:39 AM, Cameron Bowman wrote:
        >> As the subject says, I've a fresh install of 5.17.7+OOC 6. I'm on WinXP
        > Pro.
        >> Java version 6 Standard Edition.
        >> If I load 'Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced', or 'Pathfinder RPG for
        >> Game Masters (includes monsters)', I get this error in the log window:
        >>
        >> SEVERE Error: No Language objects were loaded but were referred to in the
        >> data
        >>
        >> I'm able to select 'New' from the File menu, but doing so tells me to load
        >> data set first.

        >> ------------------------------------
        >>
        >> Related Lists
        >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        >> PCGen's Online Docs:
        >> PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
        >> PCGen List File Help:

        >> Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6 2:57 PM
          Hi Cameron,

          I had that recently and it turned out to be corrupt settings. There are
          two ways to fix this:
          1. Update the locations in preferences to point to the right folders and
          restart PCGen; or
          2. Stop PCGen, rename the .C:\Document and
          Settings\username\.pcgen\options.ini to something different
          (e.g.options.ini-old ) and then restart PCGen.

          In the second case PCGen will automatically set the locations to the
          default spots and it should work.

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB

          On 7/06/2011 1:39 AM Cameron Bowman wrote