Fresh install 5.17.7 + OOC 6 (PFAPG) SEVERE Error: No Language objects were loaded but were referred to in the data

  • Cameron Bowman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
      As the subject says, I've a fresh install of 5.17.7+OOC 6. I'm on WinXP Pro.
      Java version 6 Standard Edition.
      If I load 'Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced', or 'Pathfinder RPG for
      Game Masters (includes monsters)', I get this error in the log window:

      SEVERE Error: No Language objects were loaded but were referred to in the
      data

      I'm able to select 'New' from the File menu, but doing so tells me to load a
      data set first.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
        Hi,

        Can you try 5.17.7 alone without the OOC6, and tell me if you get the same results. I'm trying to
        narrow down where the trouble lies. Though OOC don't delete anything, but mayhap something was
        overlooked.

        On 6/6/2011 8:39 AM, Cameron Bowman wrote:
        > As the subject says, I've a fresh install of 5.17.7+OOC 6. I'm on WinXP Pro.
        > Java version 6 Standard Edition.
        > If I load 'Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced', or 'Pathfinder RPG for
        > Game Masters (includes monsters)', I get this error in the log window:
        >
        > SEVERE Error: No Language objects were loaded but were referred to in the
        > data
        >
        > I'm able to select 'New' from the File menu, but doing so tells me to load a
        > data set first.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Cameron Bowman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
          Tested as requested.
          5.17.7 clean install causes no problems with any of the Pathefinder rulesets
          loaded on my setup.

          http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
            Thanks,

            Eric - Can you double check everything is right in the OOC?

            On 6/6/2011 2:01 PM, Cameron Bowman wrote:
            > Tested as requested.
            > 5.17.7 clean install causes no problems with any of the Pathefinder rulesets
            > loaded on my setup.
            >
            > On 6/6/2011 9:24 AM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> Can you try 5.17.7 alone without the OOC6, and tell me if you get the same
            >> results. I'm trying to
            >> narrow down where the trouble lies. Though OOC don't delete anything, but
            > mayhap
            >> something was
            >> overlooked.
            >
            > On 6/6/2011 8:39 AM, Cameron Bowman wrote:
            >> As the subject says, I've a fresh install of 5.17.7+OOC 6. I'm on WinXP
            > Pro.
            >> Java version 6 Standard Edition.
            >> If I load 'Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced', or 'Pathfinder RPG for
            >> Game Masters (includes monsters)', I get this error in the log window:
            >>
            >> SEVERE Error: No Language objects were loaded but were referred to in the
            >> data
            >>
            >> I'm able to select 'New' from the File menu, but doing so tells me to load
            >> data set first.

            >> ------------------------------------
            >>
            >> Related Lists
            >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
            >> PCGen's Online Docs:
            >> PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
            >> PCGen List File Help:

            >> Yahoo! Groups Links
            >>

            > --
            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
              Hi Cameron,

              I had that recently and it turned out to be corrupt settings. There are
              two ways to fix this:
              1. Update the locations in preferences to point to the right folders and
              restart PCGen; or
              2. Stop PCGen, rename the .C:\Document and
              Settings\username\.pcgen\options.ini to something different
              (e.g.options.ini-old ) and then restart PCGen.

              In the second case PCGen will automatically set the locations to the
              default spots and it should work.

              Cheers,
              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB

              On 7/06/2011 1:39 AM Cameron Bowman wrote