Re: [pcgen] Problems switching from 5.16 to 5.17

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2011
      Auto-updated is the plan

      On 6 June 2011 15:09, Ragabash Moon <RagabashMoon@...> wrote:

      > Ah ok cool... so then one more question... when you update to the next
      > stable,
      > will old characters be automatically updated when they are loaded, or will
      > they
      > have to be recreated with the newer datasets?

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2011

        It means the tag is on the chopping block. :)

        Once it has been decided that a tag has to go, whatever new functionality is replacing it is put in place and the program is modified to give notice on load that the old tag is now deprecated. To give users who create their own data some time, that is left in place through one stable release. Even though it tosses out warnings, the tag(s) in question will still work.

        In the following stable release the tag(s) functionality will be removed from the program and they will no longer function (and you should get warnings on load of this fact).

        Barak