RE: [pcgen] Problems switching from 5.16 to 5.17

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2011

      Those will remain until we release the next stable. (This ensures backwards compatibility to stable versions for those who don’t keep up with every latest release).

      Barak
    • Ragabash Moon
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2011
        Ah ok cool... so then one more question... when you update to the next stable,
        will old characters be automatically updated when they are loaded, or will they
        have to be recreated with the newer datasets?

        ________________________________
        > I noticed that on the logs when I was loading the pathfinder books recently,
        > the deprecated thing... if I overwrite with the OOC6 data will that be fixed,
        >or
        > are those changes still in the works?

        Those will remain until we release the next stable. (This ensures backwards
        compatibility to stable versions for those who don’t keep up with every latest
        release).

        Barak

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2011
          Auto-updated is the plan

          On 6 June 2011 15:09, Ragabash Moon <RagabashMoon@...> wrote:

          > Ah ok cool... so then one more question... when you update to the next
          > stable,
          > will old characters be automatically updated when they are loaded, or will
          > they
          > have to be recreated with the newer datasets?

        • Barak
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6, 2011

            It means the tag is on the chopping block. :)

            Once it has been decided that a tag has to go, whatever new functionality is replacing it is put in place and the program is modified to give notice on load that the old tag is now deprecated. To give users who create their own data some time, that is left in place through one stable release. Even though it tosses out warnings, the tag(s) in question will still work.

            In the following stable release the tag(s) functionality will be removed from the program and they will no longer function (and you should get warnings on load of this fact).

            Barak