Re: [pcgen] Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set Update 6 Released!

  • Ragabash Moon
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
      Ok, i just noticed today I was making a high level Bard and when I added the
      Sandman archetype, then added more levels, it still was asking me to pick my
      Versatile Performance skills on those higher levels, even though one of
      Sandman's abilities replaces Versatile Performance.

      'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
      sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
      land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
      be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
      Ballad of Serenity

      RagabashMoon@...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
        On 04/06/2011 21:55, Eric C Smith wrote:
        > Update 6 was based on the 5.17.7 release set with only a small handfull of additional edits. I'll take a look to see which ones they were and will post the info this evening.
        >
        > Maredudd
        >
        > On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:
        >
        >> So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,
        >> or do I already have it?

        I'm running 5.17.6

        is it better to install OOC6 or 5.17.7 (ie how stable is 5.17.7?)

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

          5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
          all is included.

          It also includes several OS improvements..

          OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.

          Spells are revamps - Concentration now displays, Skills have a nicer look. Stat block has several
          improvements.

          Check it out and compare.

          Cheers,

          On 6/5/2011 1:04 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          > On 04/06/2011 21:55, Eric C Smith wrote:
          >> Update 6 was based on the 5.17.7 release set with only a small handfull of additional edits. I'll take a look to see which ones they were and will post the info this evening.
          >>
          >> Maredudd
          >>
          >> On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:
          >>
          >>> So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,
          >>> or do I already have it?
          >>>
          > I'm running 5.17.6
          >
          > is it better to install OOC6 or 5.17.7 (ie how stable is 5.17.7?)

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
            Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
            > all is included.
            >
            > It also includes several OS improvements..
            >
            > OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.

            I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

              On 6/5/2011 7:52 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
              > Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:
              >
              >> Hi,
              >>
              >> 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
              >> all is included.
              >>
              >> It also includes several OS improvements..
              >>
              >> OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.
              > I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.

              Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
              Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.
              >> Spells are revamps - Concentration now displays, Skills have a nicer look. Stat block has several
              >> improvements.
              >>
              >> Check it out and compare.
              >>
              >> Cheers,

              >>> I'm running 5.17.6
              >>>
              >>> is it better to install OOC6 or 5.17.7 (ie how stable is 5.17.7?)
              >>>
              >> --
              >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

            • Saxum Caribetum
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
                On 05/06/2011 17:35, Andrew wrote:
                > Hi,
                >

                > On 6/5/2011 7:52 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                >> Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:
                >>
                >>> Hi,
                >>>
                >>> 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
                >>> all is included.
                >>>
                >>> It also includes several OS improvements..
                >>>
                >>> OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.
                >> I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.
                > Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
                > Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.

                so... best combination is?

                5.17.7 executable + OOC6 data ? (to get those OS and Pathfinder
                updates...)???

                --

                Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

                  On 6/5/2011 9:42 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                  > On 05/06/2011 17:35, Andrew wrote:
                  >> Hi,

                  >>> I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.
                  >> Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
                  >> Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.
                  > so... best combination is?
                  >
                  > 5.17.7 executable + OOC6 data ? (to get those OS and Pathfinder
                  > updates...)???

                  The OOC has all that. What the 5.17.7 gives you, all the non-pathfinder fixes in the data folders,
                  and any code base improvements.

                  So yeah, best combo is 5.17.7 + OOC6.

                  Cheers,
                  .