Re: [pcgen] Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set Update 6 Released!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
      Update 6 was based on the 5.17.7 release set with only a small handfull of additional edits. I'll take a look to see which ones they were and will post the info this evening.

      Maredudd

      On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:

      > So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,
      > or do I already have it?
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Ragabash Moon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
        Ok, i just noticed today I was making a high level Bard and when I added the
        Sandman archetype, then added more levels, it still was asking me to pick my
        Versatile Performance skills on those higher levels, even though one of
        Sandman's abilities replaces Versatile Performance.

        'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
        sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
        land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
        be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
        Ballad of Serenity

        RagabashMoon@...

        ________________________________
        Update 6 was based on the 5.17.7 release set with only a small handfull of
        additional edits. I'll take a look to see which ones they were and will post the
        info this evening.

        Maredudd

        On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:

        > So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,

        > or do I already have it?
        >
        > ________________________________

        ------------------------------------

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Saxum Caribetum
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
          On 04/06/2011 21:55, Eric C Smith wrote:
          > Update 6 was based on the 5.17.7 release set with only a small handfull of additional edits. I'll take a look to see which ones they were and will post the info this evening.
          >
          > Maredudd
          >
          > On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:
          >
          >> So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,
          >> or do I already have it?

          I'm running 5.17.6

          is it better to install OOC6 or 5.17.7 (ie how stable is 5.17.7?)

          --
          Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

            5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
            all is included.

            It also includes several OS improvements..

            OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.

            Spells are revamps - Concentration now displays, Skills have a nicer look. Stat block has several
            improvements.

            Check it out and compare.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
              Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
              > all is included.
              >
              > It also includes several OS improvements..
              >
              > OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.

              I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

                On 6/5/2011 7:52 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                > Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:
                >
                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
                >> all is included.
                >>
                >> It also includes several OS improvements..
                >>
                >> OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.
                > I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.

                Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
                Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
                  On 05/06/2011 17:35, Andrew wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >

                  > On 6/5/2011 7:52 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                  >> Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Hi,
                  >>>
                  >>> 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
                  >>> all is included.
                  >>>
                  >>> It also includes several OS improvements..
                  >>>
                  >>> OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.
                  >> I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.
                  > Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
                  > Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.

                  so... best combination is?

                  5.17.7 executable + OOC6 data ? (to get those OS and Pathfinder
                  updates...)???

                  --

                  Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

                    On 6/5/2011 9:42 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                    > On 05/06/2011 17:35, Andrew wrote:
                    >> Hi,

                    >>> I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.
                    >> Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
                    >> Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.
                    > so... best combination is?
                    >
                    > 5.17.7 executable + OOC6 data ? (to get those OS and Pathfinder
                    > updates...)???

                    The OOC has all that. What the 5.17.7 gives you, all the non-pathfinder fixes in the data folders,
                    and any code base improvements.

                    So yeah, best combo is 5.17.7 + OOC6.

                    Cheers,
                    .