Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set Update 6 Released!

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
      The PCGen Team is proud to announce the release and immediate
      availability of the sixth update to the Pathfinder Advanced Players
      Guide OOC Data Set!

      Download your copy today:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/5164_piazo_pathfinder_alpha_update_06.pcz/download

      This release is the sixth in a series of updates aimed at bringing the
      most current fixes for the Pathfinder APG data set to v5.16.4. It can be
      installed on top of updates 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 but does not require them.

      Besides delivering the latest APG data set, this file patches the
      Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook and Bestiary. For more
      information about this release, including OOC installation instructions,
      please check out the full release notes here:

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/pcgen-pathfinder-apg-dataset-update-release-notes-5164.html/download

      This release is an "alpha" release and therefore will contain errors.
      The PCGen Team is dedicated to providing full support for the Pathfinder
      Roleplaying Game so we ask you, the PCGen Community, to help us by
      putting this data set through its paces and reporting any bugs you find
      to the PCGen Team by posting them here on PCGen@Yahoo!. Please include
      [PATHFINDER] in the subject line for your report.

      PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
      systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
      users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen, join us
      at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website at
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net and wiki at http://wiki.pcgen.org/.

      This dataset uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo
      Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We
      are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this
      content. This dataset is not published, endorsed, or specifically
      approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's
      Community Use Policy, please visit http://paizo.com/communityuse. For
      more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit
      http://paizo.com
      --

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

    • Ragabash Moon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
        So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,
        or do I already have it?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
          Update 6 was based on the 5.17.7 release set with only a small handfull of additional edits. I'll take a look to see which ones they were and will post the info this evening.

          Maredudd

          On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:

          > So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,
          > or do I already have it?
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Ragabash Moon
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
            Ok, i just noticed today I was making a high level Bard and when I added the
            Sandman archetype, then added more levels, it still was asking me to pick my
            Versatile Performance skills on those higher levels, even though one of
            Sandman's abilities replaces Versatile Performance.

            'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
            sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
            land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
            be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
            Ballad of Serenity

            RagabashMoon@...

            ________________________________
            Update 6 was based on the 5.17.7 release set with only a small handfull of
            additional edits. I'll take a look to see which ones they were and will post the
            info this evening.

            Maredudd

            On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:

            > So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,

            > or do I already have it?
            >
            > ________________________________

            ------------------------------------

            Related Lists
            PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
            PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Saxum Caribetum
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
              On 04/06/2011 21:55, Eric C Smith wrote:
              > Update 6 was based on the 5.17.7 release set with only a small handfull of additional edits. I'll take a look to see which ones they were and will post the info this evening.
              >
              > Maredudd
              >
              > On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:
              >
              >> So I am currently running PCGen alpha version 5.17.7... do I need this update,
              >> or do I already have it?

              I'm running 5.17.6

              is it better to install OOC6 or 5.17.7 (ie how stable is 5.17.7?)

              --
              Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

                5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
                all is included.

                It also includes several OS improvements..

                OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.

                Spells are revamps - Concentration now displays, Skills have a nicer look. Stat block has several
                improvements.

                Check it out and compare.

                Cheers,

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
                  Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
                  > all is included.
                  >
                  > It also includes several OS improvements..
                  >
                  > OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.

                  I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

                    On 6/5/2011 7:52 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                    > Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:
                    >
                    >> Hi,
                    >>
                    >> 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
                    >> all is included.
                    >>
                    >> It also includes several OS improvements..
                    >>
                    >> OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.
                    > I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.

                    Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
                    Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
                      On 05/06/2011 17:35, Andrew wrote:
                      > Hi,
                      >

                      > On 6/5/2011 7:52 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                      >> Hi Folks!Andrew wrote:
                      >>
                      >>> Hi,
                      >>>
                      >>> 5.17.7 is stable enough that I use it for every day gaming. Look at the release notes, it says what
                      >>> all is included.
                      >>>
                      >>> It also includes several OS improvements..
                      >>>
                      >>> OOC is just pure data last I checked. I could be wrong, I didn't look at what Eric threw in it.
                      >> I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.
                      > Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
                      > Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.

                      so... best combination is?

                      5.17.7 executable + OOC6 data ? (to get those OS and Pathfinder
                      updates...)???

                      --

                      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011

                        On 6/5/2011 9:42 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                        > On 05/06/2011 17:35, Andrew wrote:
                        >> Hi,

                        >>> I added the base.xml and fantasy_master OSes as well.
                        >> Nice! Well, there ya go. A Few extra Pathfinder updates since the release AND the nice revamped OS
                        >> Sheets - PDF only though. For those using the htm, not much action going on.
                        > so... best combination is?
                        >
                        > 5.17.7 executable + OOC6 data ? (to get those OS and Pathfinder
                        > updates...)???

                        The OOC has all that. What the 5.17.7 gives you, all the non-pathfinder fixes in the data folders,
                        and any code base improvements.

                        So yeah, best combo is 5.17.7 + OOC6.

                        Cheers,
                        .