Re: Oracle Mysteries and Channeling

  • Henk Slaaf
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2011
      > SIDE NOTE: I'm dealing with a death in the family, so my responses are going to be understandably
      > delayed.

      Of course. My condolences.

      > Having Vars in the Core that are defined in another set is "usually" frowned upon. The better method
      > is to .MOD the abilities. There are exceptions to every rule, but that is the defacto standard we
      > try to adhere too.

      Yes, I understand. I was wrestling with a subtle way to implement this, but could find one. Maybe I'll implement a Channel Positive/Negative Energy ~ Base ability that does nothing, but allows us to grant it from a couple of places.

      By the way: PREABILITY:CATEGORY:Special Ability,TYPE.ChannelEnergy seemed like an elegant solution, but did not seem to work.

      Can you select on types? If so, how does it work? This was not entirely clear to me from the docs.

      Thanks,

      Henk
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 6 , May 28, 2011
        Hank, I've got a solution for the Oracle channel that won't require
        changes to the core. I'm straightening out some merge conflicts on my
        APG set, but I hope I can contribute that later today.

        Stefan.

        On 28.05.2011 10:47, Henk Slaaf wrote:
        >> SIDE NOTE: I'm dealing with a death in the family, so my responses are going to be understandably
        >> delayed.
        >
        > Of course. My condolences.
        >
        >> Having Vars in the Core that are defined in another set is "usually" frowned upon. The better method
        >> is to .MOD the abilities. There are exceptions to every rule, but that is the defacto standard we
        >> try to adhere too.
        >
        > Yes, I understand. I was wrestling with a subtle way to implement this, but could find one. Maybe I'll implement a Channel Positive/Negative Energy ~ Base ability that does nothing, but allows us to grant it from a couple of places.
        >
        > By the way: PREABILITY:CATEGORY:Special Ability,TYPE.ChannelEnergy seemed like an elegant solution, but did not seem to work.
        >
        > Can you select on types? If so, how does it work? This was not entirely clear to me from the docs.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Henk

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Henk Slaaf
        Message 3 of 6 , May 28, 2011
          Kk. I committed a few changes to core, though.

          Please do make sure that the abilities do NOT stack.

          An evil life Oracle/Cleric should be able to channel both positive and
          negative energy, see my comments in the source.

          Met vriendelijke groet,

          Allard

        • Henk Slaaf
          Message 4 of 6 , May 28, 2011
            Ah,

            I found a nice solution. I can use the SERVEAS tag in many places to achieve
            my goal :)

            Thanks,

            Henk