Who is still active on the data team?

    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2011

      I'm finding I'm needing a bunch of support from the data monkeys, but I haven't seen much activity.

      So, please sound off and answer the following questions -
      Are you still active?
      - If Yes, what are you currently doing or working on?
      - If No, are you interested in being active and are you able to work on any PCGen projects?

      If you aren't on the data team and would like to be, please indicate your interest here, and what
      you'd like to be involved in.

      I have multiple easy tasks on the trackers I can assign; I have data sets that require Q&A, and
      minor bug fixes.

      We've had a recent surge in bug reports, and most are "easy for new folks to fix".

      I'm available to answer any questions most of the week.

      Thanks for your prompt replies.

    • Henk Slaaf
      Message 2 of 8 , May 13, 2011
        Hey Andrew,

        I'm still interested in being active, but am very busy IRL and my interest in the project fluctuates. Mostly when I'm active in DND, I'm interested in PCGen, otherwise, not so much.

        I can do small bugreports, small fixes, small reviews, a little testing.

        I find that contributing to PCGen is difficult, not because the work is hard, but because the way to fix things if often very unclear to me or it is not clear to me what I'm allowed to commit as a newb.

        Examples that I would love to fix in SVN are: DATA-294, DATA-295, DATA-296. These were fixed by Gjorbjond, but I could have done the work myself.

        How does the newby support work?

        Thanks for the ping, it's been a while.

        Henk
        Message 3 of 8 , May 13, 2011
          Henk,

          You're allowed to commit fixes for any tracker you'd like, with the exception of Core Sets that are
          in the d20ogl folder. (Currently R/M/SRD, and any others that we contain in there).

          For any Core Set fixes, you either need special permission from the Silverback (Barak), or if he
          grants, the 2nd (Me). To bypass the special permission clause, I've been allowing young monkeys
          email the patches either to me, or place them in the JIRA tracker, and have them assign the tracker
          to me - I then check the patch and commit it, reassign the tracker back to the original monkey so
          the credit goes to them.

          If you are uncertain, just ping me, I'm on most days of the week (With the exception of gaming
          times) and I'll be more than happy to answer any and all questions.

          Cheers,

          On 5/13/2011 5:07 AM, Henk Slaaf wrote:
          > Hey Andrew,
          >
          > I'm still interested in being active, but am very busy IRL and my interest in the project fluctuates. Mostly when I'm active in DND, I'm interested in PCGen, otherwise, not so much.
          >
          > I can do small bugreports, small fixes, small reviews, a little testing.
          >
          > I find that contributing to PCGen is difficult, not because the work is hard, but because the way to fix things if often very unclear to me or it is not clear to me what I'm allowed to commit as a newb.
          >
          > Examples that I would love to fix in SVN are: DATA-294, DATA-295, DATA-296. These were fixed by Gjorbjond, but I could have done the work myself.
          >
          > How does the newby support work?
          >
          > Thanks for the ping, it's been a while.
          >
          > Henk

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        • Henk Slaaf
          Message 4 of 8 , May 14, 2011
            Hey Andrew

            I was unable to commit changes to SVN. How do I reset the password?

            I prepared a patch in Jira, can you please review it?

            Met vriendelijke groet,

            Allard

            Sent from my HTC.

            Message 5 of 8 , May 14, 2011
              Henk,

              Your SVN password is the same as your SF Password. Reset that, and it'll reset your SVN one.

              Cheers,

              Message 6 of 8 , May 20, 2011
                Hey Andrew,

                > Your SVN password is the same as your SF Password. Reset that, and it'll
                > reset your SVN one.

                I lost access to my SourceForge account named henkslaaf. Please add
                henkslaaf2 to SVN access. I'd like to start working on Ultimate Magic.

                Thanks!

                Henk

                Message 7 of 8 , May 20, 2011

                  Done

                  On 5/20/2011 8:51 AM, Henk Slaaf wrote:
                  > Hey Andrew,
                  >
                  >> Your SVN password is the same as your SF Password. Reset that, and it'll
                  >> reset your SVN one.
                  >>
                  > I lost access to my SourceForge account named henkslaaf. Please add
                  > henkslaaf2 to SVN access. I'd like to start working on Ultimate Magic.
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > Henk

                  > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                • Stefan Radermacher
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 20, 2011
                    Hi Henk,

                    I've started some work on UM already, the magus should be complete, for
                    example. you can find that in the trunk/notfordistribution folder.

                    Regards,
                    Stefan.