PCGen bugs

  • luinvilya
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2011
      I tested PCGen further if it works for me, and found plenty of bugs to
      keep laundry list long. :)
      Tested on PCGen 5.17.6, mostly Pathfinder. Affected game modes are
      specified. "All?" means this bug might affect every game mode, but only
      tested on PF and/or SRD. "-" means game mode doesn't matter.
      This list includes bugs from previous post, if something new is
      discovered.

      * Glove of Storing retains weight of contained item
      Game modes: PF, SRD
      This affects SRD too.
      Related: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-270
      <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-270>

      * Template PREHD:MIN glitch
      Game modes: All?
      It seems "PREHD:MIN=x" does not work at all. Adding Half-Celestial
      template on a level 20 character (CR 19) does not correctly apply CR and
      DR adjustments, because of this.
      Related: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-272
      <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-272>

      * Oathbow should be +2
      Game modes: PF, SRD
      Oathbow is "Composite Longbow +2" per its description. And PCGen
      provides +2 bonus for Composite Longbow +2 if equipped. So I think
      Oathbow also should provide +2 bonus.

      * Robe of Eyes does not ignore flat-footed penalty
      Game modes: PF, SRD
      Equipping Robe of Eyes ignores flat-footed penalty, but Charater Sheet
      does not consider it.

      * Ring of Spell Turning is not usable
      Game modes: PF, SRD
      Ring of Spell Turning does not appear in Spells - Known Spells tab,
      unlike say, Boots of Teleportation.

      * Editor "copy" does only partial copying
      Game modes: All?
      "Copy" button does not copy everything. For example, copied wizard class
      in PF does not include "Universal" school and Arcane Bond special
      ability, copied racial template does not include innate abilities, etc.

      * Editor does not allow changing movement rate
      Game modes: All?
      Copying Half-Celestial template makes it impossible to change movement
      rate. That's because "Walk,Fly,*2.0" becomes "Fly,Walk,0" and this can't
      be corrected in editor. Maybe alphabetical sorting is forced here?

      * Description tab does not keep the last selected note
      Game modes: -
      Description tab always shows "Portrait" (the first note). For example, I
      need to change "DM Notes" frequently, but whenever I change tab and
      return to Description tab, PCGen always shows "Portrait".

    • The Penpal
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28, 2011
        I am not sure if this is a bug or if I just do not know how to get this to work.

        I made an inquisitior and at 7th level took expanded arcana, but it has not added slots for spells, do I have to do something else?

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2011

          Feel free to log these all over at JIRA.PCGEN.ORG

          Just sign up and create issue - these will either be Code Bugs (Program issues), or Data Bugs (LST
          Monkey can fix).

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29, 2011

            Open a Data Bug, sounds like something is missing.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011

              > I made an inquisitior and at 7th level took expanded arcana, but it has not added slots for spells, do I have to do something else?

              I'm using OOC data set update 5, and I've confirmed Expanded Arcana does nothing. I'll open an issue for it.

              Any other bugs?