Re: Pathfinder data problems

  • luinvilya
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2011

      Thank you for reply. Actually this is my first attempt to use PCGen seriously, so you can expect more laundry list. ;)

      > > * Glove of Storing retains weight of contained item.
      >
      > So the weight is being passed to the Character? That'd be a bug then.

      This problem persists in SRD too.

      > > * Oathbow provides +1 enhancement bonus. Why not +2?
      >
      > I believe the cost is as a +2, but it's extra properties count as a +1. Hence not a +2 Enhancement.
      > Remember, a Weapon can have a +5 Enhancement Bonus and +5 Additional Properties (Flaming Burst,
      > Holy, etc.)

      Oathbow is "Composite Longbow +2" per its description. And from my testing result, PCGen provides +2 bonus for Composite Longbow +2 if equipped. So I think Oathbow also should provide +2 bonus. This problem persists in SRD too.

      > > * Custom domain problem:
      > > The
      > > line "BONUS:VAR|DOMAINPROTECTIONLVL|DOMAINLVL" does not work as
      > > expected, and if I change DOMAINLVL to a number, it works.
      >
      > you don't want to mimic another domain variable name as those do
      > have special purposes.

      That line ("BONUS:...") is shared between both Protection and Defense domains, so I assumed keeping it would be safe. (In fact I didn't change a thing. Just name change.)

      > > * Wrong CR adjustment: Half-celestial template provides CR bonus,
      > > according to HD.

      I think I found the cause. More on that in separate post.