Re: [pcgen] Quick Output Question!

  • Clayton Blanchard
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 28 9:59 AM
      I am wonder is there a way to add BBC Code to the Text Output formatting? I
      can modify things as long as I know what I am doing haha.

      --
      I stab you in the FACE!

      With love! :)

      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 28 10:10 AM
        I don't know the BBC code, but the text format is by far the easiest one to manipulate.

        look in the pcgen folder >
        outputsheets/d20/fantasy/txt

        take a look at csheet_plain.txt

        Easy to edit and play with, just change the name and export to that. Experiment and if you get
        something that works well, send us a file and we'll consider including it for future use. Our
        standards aren't too strict - "does it work" Yes/No - if yes, include it - if answer is no, then don't.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 28 10:13 AM
          Thats exactly what I was looking for. BBC code is Forum Code, like [b] [/b]
          for bold and whatnot.

          Most Play by Post games are done on forums, and being able to include that
          code in the output text file would make creating a profile / sheet for a
          character on a forum MUCH easier.

          I will take a look and fiddle with it, thanks!

          On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > I don't know the BBC code, but the text format is by far the easiest one to
          > manipulate.
          >
          > look in the pcgen folder >
          > outputsheets/d20/fantasy/txt
          >
          > take a look at csheet_plain.txt
          >
          > Easy to edit and play with, just change the name and export to that.
          > Experiment and if you get
          > something that works well, send us a file and we'll consider including it
          > for future use. Our
          > standards aren't too strict - "does it work" Yes/No - if yes, include it -
          > if answer is no, then don't.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >

          > On 4/28/2011 9:59 AM, Clayton Blanchard wrote:
          > > I am wonder is there a way to add BBC Code to the Text Output formatting?
          > > can modify things as long as I know what I am doing haha.
          > >
          > > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
          > >

          > >> Hi,
          > >>
          > >> For #2 - Export to Text is what you're looking for
          > >>
          > >> For #1 - You can certainly attempt to export the sheet in any manner you
          > so
          > >> choose. However, if it's
          > >> not the standard .txt, .pdf. or .htm then you'll have to craft it
          > yourself.
          > >>
          > >> For your code export, I imagine the text version would be your best bet
          > >> get to that level.
          > >>
          > >> Cheers,

          > >> have to get the Advanced Players Guide working, I did have a quick
          > question
          > >> about Output / Printing options.

          > by
          > >> Posting? If not, will this be added later?

          > so
          > >> I figured I would ask here!

          > >> http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
          > >> http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

          > >> --

          > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) <br>
          > >> Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors <br>
          > >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur <br>
          > >> Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey" <br>
          > >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"
          > >>

          > --

          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) <br>
          > Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors <br>
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur <br>
          > Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey" <br>
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          --
          I stab you in the FACE!

          With love! :)

        • Terry Milnes
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 28 10:16 AM
            I borrowed from someone else's output sheet to make the Obsidian Portal
            version I have. I think it is included by default now. If not, I can send
            you it when I get home.

          • Clayton Blanchard
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 28 10:18 AM
              Does Obsidian Portal use BBC Code for formatting?

              On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...> wrote:

              > I borrowed from someone else's output sheet to make the Obsidian Portal
              > version I have. I think it is included by default now. If not, I can send
              > you it when I get home.

              I stab you in the FACE!

              With love! :)

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 28 10:26 AM
                Hi,

                It's included.

                Looks like it uses those codes. Here's a snippet

                [B]Init[/B]:|SPACE|
                |INITIATIVEMOD|,|SPACE|[B]Senses[/B]:|SPACE|
                |FOR,%VisionTest,STRLEN[VISION],STRLEN[VISION],1,0|
                |IIF(%VisionTest:0)|
                |ELSE|
                |VISION|,|SPACE|
                |ENDIF|
                |ENDFOR|
                |IIF(GAMEMODE:Pathfinder)|
                [B]Perception[/B]:|SPACE|
                |SKILL.Perception.TOTAL.SIGN|

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 28 10:30 AM
                  Where would that option be found? To export using that?

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 28 11:01 AM
                    Hi,

                    Export to text, and select the obsidian portal one.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 28 11:25 AM
                      Interesting. For some reason the only ones I have are csheet_initTool.rpgrp
                      and csheet_plain.txt

                      Dunno why its missing, I just downloaded PCGen last night 0_o

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 28 12:02 PM
                        Hi,

                        5.16.4 or 5.17.6?

                        IIRC, 5.16.4 doesn't have those sheets.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 28 12:34 PM
                          The latest stable one. Are you saying I would have to get the alpha of
                          5.17.6 to get access to that?

                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 28 12:37 PM
                            Hi,

                            Yes, though you can just check your inbox and grab the copy of the actual file I sent you.

                            Cheers,

                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 28 12:41 PM
                              Awesome thanks. I assume I stick it in the same directory as the file you
                              told me about earlier (the one I could edit)?

                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 28 12:54 PM
                                Correct.

                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 28 1:19 PM
                                  Is there somewhere where I can find the tags, like |CLASSLIST| and whatnot?
                                  I have an idea but I need that info before I can try it.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 28 1:23 PM
                                    In the program hit F1 - this opens the docs, go to the Outputsheet tokens section

                                    or online you can go to:

                                    http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/navtokenindex.html

                                    and browse that as well.

                                    Cheers,