Re: [pcgen] Quick Output Question!

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011

      For #2 - Export to Text is what you're looking for

      For #1 - You can certainly attempt to export the sheet in any manner you so choose. However, if it's
      not the standard .txt, .pdf. or .htm then you'll have to craft it yourself.

      For your code export, I imagine the text version would be your best bet to get to that level.

      Cheers,

      On 4/28/2011 8:25 AM, avv8125 wrote:
      > So I just got this installed last night (loving it) and while I still have to get the Advanced Players Guide working, I did have a quick question about Output / Printing options.
      >
      > 1) Can I print out a sheet made up with BBC Code, for Forum Based Play by Posting? If not, will this be added later?
      > 2) Can I print to a plain text document?
      >
      > I was trying to find info about both of these but I couldn't find em, so I figured I would ask here!

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) <br>
      Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors <br>
      Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur <br>
      Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey" <br>
      Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"
    • Clayton Blanchard
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
        I am wonder is there a way to add BBC Code to the Text Output formatting? I
        can modify things as long as I know what I am doing haha.

        On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > For #2 - Export to Text is what you're looking for
        >
        > For #1 - You can certainly attempt to export the sheet in any manner you so
        > choose. However, if it's
        > not the standard .txt, .pdf. or .htm then you'll have to craft it yourself.
        >
        > For your code export, I imagine the text version would be your best bet to
        > get to that level.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > On 4/28/2011 8:25 AM, avv8125 wrote:
        > > So I just got this installed last night (loving it) and while I still
        > have to get the Advanced Players Guide working, I did have a quick question
        > about Output / Printing options.
        > >
        > > 1) Can I print out a sheet made up with BBC Code, for Forum Based Play by
        > Posting? If not, will this be added later?
        > > 2) Can I print to a plain text document?
        > >
        > > I was trying to find info about both of these but I couldn't find em, so
        > I figured I would ask here!
        > >

        > > ------------------------------------
        > >
        > > Related Lists
        > > PCGen's Online Docs:
        > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
        > >
        > > PCGen List File Help:
        > >
        > > PCGen Experimental:
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --

        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) <br>
        > Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors <br>
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur <br>
        > Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey" <br>
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        --
        I stab you in the FACE!

        With love! :)

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
          I don't know the BBC code, but the text format is by far the easiest one to manipulate.

          look in the pcgen folder >
          outputsheets/d20/fantasy/txt

          take a look at csheet_plain.txt

          Easy to edit and play with, just change the name and export to that. Experiment and if you get
          something that works well, send us a file and we'll consider including it for future use. Our
          standards aren't too strict - "does it work" Yes/No - if yes, include it - if answer is no, then don't.

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
            Thats exactly what I was looking for. BBC code is Forum Code, like [b] [/b]
            for bold and whatnot.

            Most Play by Post games are done on forums, and being able to include that
            code in the output text file would make creating a profile / sheet for a
            character on a forum MUCH easier.

            I will take a look and fiddle with it, thanks!

            On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

            > I don't know the BBC code, but the text format is by far the easiest one to
            > manipulate.
            >
            > look in the pcgen folder >
            > outputsheets/d20/fantasy/txt
            >
            > take a look at csheet_plain.txt
            >
            > Easy to edit and play with, just change the name and export to that.
            > Experiment and if you get
            > something that works well, send us a file and we'll consider including it
            > for future use. Our
            > standards aren't too strict - "does it work" Yes/No - if yes, include it -
            > if answer is no, then don't.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >

            > On 4/28/2011 9:59 AM, Clayton Blanchard wrote:
            > > I am wonder is there a way to add BBC Code to the Text Output formatting?
            > > can modify things as long as I know what I am doing haha.
            > >
            > > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
            > >

            > >> Hi,
            > >>
            > >> For #2 - Export to Text is what you're looking for
            > >>
            > >> For #1 - You can certainly attempt to export the sheet in any manner you
            > so
            > >> choose. However, if it's
            > >> not the standard .txt, .pdf. or .htm then you'll have to craft it
            > yourself.
            > >>
            > >> For your code export, I imagine the text version would be your best bet
            > >> get to that level.
            > >>
            > >> Cheers,

            > >> have to get the Advanced Players Guide working, I did have a quick
            > question
            > >> about Output / Printing options.

            > by
            > >> Posting? If not, will this be added later?

            > so
            > >> I figured I would ask here!

            > >> http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
            > >> http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

            > >> --

            > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) <br>
            > >> Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors <br>
            > >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur <br>
            > >> Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey" <br>
            > >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"
            > >>

            > --

            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) <br>
            > Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors <br>
            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur <br>
            > Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey" <br>
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            --
            I stab you in the FACE!

            With love! :)

          • Terry Milnes
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
              I borrowed from someone else's output sheet to make the Obsidian Portal
              version I have. I think it is included by default now. If not, I can send
              you it when I get home.

            • Clayton Blanchard
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
                Does Obsidian Portal use BBC Code for formatting?

                On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...> wrote:

                > I borrowed from someone else's output sheet to make the Obsidian Portal
                > version I have. I think it is included by default now. If not, I can send
                > you it when I get home.

                I stab you in the FACE!

                With love! :)

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011

                  It's included.

                  Looks like it uses those codes. Here's a snippet

                  [B]Init[/B]:|SPACE|
                  |INITIATIVEMOD|,|SPACE|[B]Senses[/B]:|SPACE|
                  |FOR,%VisionTest,STRLEN[VISION],STRLEN[VISION],1,0|
                  |IIF(%VisionTest:0)|
                  |ELSE|
                  |VISION|,|SPACE|
                  |ENDIF|
                  |ENDFOR|
                  |IIF(GAMEMODE:Pathfinder)|
                  [B]Perception[/B]:|SPACE|
                  |SKILL.Perception.TOTAL.SIGN|

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
                    Where would that option be found? To export using that?

                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011

                      Export to text, and select the obsidian portal one.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
                        Interesting. For some reason the only ones I have are csheet_initTool.rpgrp
                        and csheet_plain.txt

                        Dunno why its missing, I just downloaded PCGen last night 0_o

                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011

                          5.16.4 or 5.17.6?

                          IIRC, 5.16.4 doesn't have those sheets.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
                            The latest stable one. Are you saying I would have to get the alpha of
                            5.17.6 to get access to that?

                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011

                              Yes, though you can just check your inbox and grab the copy of the actual file I sent you.

                              Cheers,

                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
                                Awesome thanks. I assume I stick it in the same directory as the file you
                                told me about earlier (the one I could edit)?

                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
                                  Correct.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
                                    Is there somewhere where I can find the tags, like |CLASSLIST| and whatnot?
                                    I have an idea but I need that info before I can try it.

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Apr 28, 2011
                                      In the program hit F1 - this opens the docs, go to the Outputsheet tokens section

                                      or online you can go to:

                                      http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/navtokenindex.html

                                      and browse that as well.

                                      Cheers,