Re: [pcgen] [pathfinder] staff creation cost

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28, 2011
      Dear Andrew, dear Rick,

      you are both right. To again phrase it with other words:
      I think they started with the square-root-of-2 progression, then simplified
      the figures by first multiplying all those resulting square roots (two of
      them give a multiplier of 2), and if there's a remaining root, replacing
      that by 0.75. To the mathematically inclined, that's not really a
      simplification, but to those hating maths, 0.75 looks much cleaner. It
      isn't truely easier, but it looks and feels easier.

      Susan