Skill "Survival (the Planes)"

  • Arjan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2011
      I have a skill called "Survival (the Planes)" pop up on my character sheet. After some checking I think this has to do with the synergy bonus one gets from having 5+ ranks in knowledge the planes. Fair enough.

      What I don't get is this. My sheet does not show a +2 bonus but a +1 bonus and 1 rank. Why is that?

      Thanx,
      Arjan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2011

        I'm assuming you're using 5.16.4 - In order to display conditional skills back then, we had to have
        a SINGLE rank in "TRAINED" skills. Hence, if we wanted to display any bonuses, we had to put the
        Skill Rank along with the Bonus. It's not pretty but it did the trick. Survival (The Planes) is just
        an example of this.

        Now, in 5.17 we've perfected the display, so Conditionals Display properly without any problems. And
        those skills you actually need ranks to display, those ones won't even show up unless you are
        "trained" in the skill.

        You may also optionally turn off all conditional skills in your preferences, under the House Rules.

        Cheers,

        > I have a skill called "Survival (the Planes)" pop up on my character sheet. After some checking I think this has to do with the synergy bonus one gets from having 5+ ranks in knowledge the planes. Fair enough.
        >
        > What I don't get is this. My sheet does not show a +2 bonus but a +1 bonus and 1 rank. Why is that?
        >
        > Thanx,
        > Arjan

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Arjan
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2011
          Thanx. That does it. I'm moving to 5.17 ;)