Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set seems to break character sheet printing

  • Samuel Robinson
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 23, 2011
      We are getting an error about 80% through rendering that XML document
      structures must start and end within the same entity. I can think of a
      number of things that could cause such a message, but have not troubleshot
      this yet. I recommend restraint until this is understood. It seems to happen
      with all character sheets, but not spell books.

      Sam Robinson

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 23, 2011
        On 23/04/2011 23:23, Samuel Robinson wrote:
        > We are getting an error about 80% through rendering that XML document
        > structures must start and end within the same entity. I can think of a
        > number of things that could cause such a message, but have not troubleshot
        > this yet. I recommend restraint until this is understood. It seems to happen
        > with all character sheets, but not spell books.
        >

        > Sam Robinson

        quick test to confirm - yes, with the newly downloaded update 5 for
        5.16.4, export to PDF breaks about 80% done with the same error about XML.
        Oops!

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 23, 2011

          On 24/04/2011 8:56 AM Saxum Caribetum wrote
          > On 23/04/2011 23:23, Samuel Robinson wrote:
          >> We are getting an error about 80% through rendering that XML document
          >> structures must start and end within the same entity. I can think of a
          >> number of things that could cause such a message, but have not troubleshot
          >> this yet. I recommend restraint until this is understood. It seems to happen
          >> with all character sheets, but not spell books.
          >>

          >> Sam Robinson
          >>
          > quick test to confirm - yes, with the newly downloaded update 5 for
          > 5.16.4, export to PDF breaks about 80% done with the same error about XML.
          > Oops!

          I've reported this as http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-70 and fixed it.
          The problem was in traits output. You can test the fix if you grab the
          latest base.xml
          <http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/outputsheets/base.xml?revision=14855&pathrev=14855>
          and place it in your outputsheets folder.

          Looks like we'll need a new OOC release once this fix is confirmed.

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB

        • Samuel Robinson
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 23, 2011
            Now at about the 40% point I'm getting "The processing instruction target
            matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed." I can try diffing the fix vs the
            old code now though and will let you know if there's anything I see (not
            likely, but it could happen). Preview is popping up xml in my browser as
            well. I'm running 764bit, with java 6.0.210.7/6.0.240.7 (64/32) Since PC-Gen
            runs out of the 32bit programs directory I assume we're using the 32bit JRE
            in the WOW environment. Probably not important to this problem, but I forgot
            to include the data originally. Reverting to the 5.16.4 distribution allows
            printing.

          • Samuel Robinson
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 23, 2011
              FWIW, I'm apparently having trouble getting the file correctly. I'm either
              getting XML in the browser (which I've tried cutting and pasting to get the
              previous result) or if I go to the file site I get a smaller download (87 vs
              152 KB) That looks like something that's local to my environment, so I'll
              play with that, but someone else needs to verify the fix. Sorry about that.

              Sam

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 23, 2011

                Darn, that'd be one of mine. I've updated the fix and uploaded it. Just for those tracking stats we
                had 65 downloads of the new release of OOC.

                I deleted the bad version and just replaced it with the fixed copy.

                On 4/23/2011 4:30 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > On 24/04/2011 8:56 AM Saxum Caribetum wrote
                >> On 23/04/2011 23:23, Samuel Robinson wrote:
                >>> We are getting an error about 80% through rendering that XML document
                >>> structures must start and end within the same entity. I can think of a
                >>> number of things that could cause such a message, but have not troubleshot
                >>> this yet. I recommend restraint until this is understood. It seems to happen
                >>> with all character sheets, but not spell books.
                >>>

                >>> Sam Robinson
                >>>
                >> quick test to confirm - yes, with the newly downloaded update 5 for
                >> 5.16.4, export to PDF breaks about 80% done with the same error about XML.
                >> Oops!
                > I've reported this as http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-70 and fixed it.
                > The problem was in traits output. You can test the fix if you grab the
                > latest base.xml
                > <http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/outputsheets/base.xml?revision=14855&pathrev=14855>
                > and place it in your outputsheets folder.
                >
                > Looks like we'll need a new OOC release once this fix is confirmed.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > James Dempsey
                > PCGen Code SB

                > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              • Saxum Caribetum
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 24, 2011
                  On 24/04/2011 04:47, Andrew wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Darn, that'd be one of mine. I've updated the fix and uploaded it. Just for those tracking stats we
                  > had 65 downloads of the new release of OOC.
                  >
                  > I deleted the bad version and just replaced it with the fixed copy.

                  Thanks - I have re-downloaded the update and it prints fine... (a few
                  odd "hidden" listed items at the end but that's nothing)

                  --
                  Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 24, 2011

                    Care to clarify, cause there shouldn't be any "hidden" items showing.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 24, 2011
                      On 24/04/2011 11:15, Andrew wrote:
                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > Care to clarify, cause there shouldn't be any "hidden" items showing.
                      >

                      > On 4/24/2011 1:51 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                      >> On 24/04/2011 04:47, Andrew wrote:
                      >>> Hi,
                      >>>
                      >>> Darn, that'd be one of mine. I've updated the fix and uploaded it. Just for those tracking stats we
                      >>> had 65 downloads of the new release of OOC.
                      >>>
                      >>> I deleted the bad version and just replaced it with the fixed copy.
                      >> Thanks - I have re-downloaded the update and it prints fine... (a few
                      >> odd "hidden" listed items at the end but that's nothing)

                      hmm - it would appears to be the line inthe PCG file which reads

                      NOTE:Hidden|ID:2|PARENTID:-1|VALUE:#Character Sheet Plugin
                      Properties&cr;&nl;#Sat Dec 19 23:08:13 GMT
                      2009&cr;&nl;cs.CombatPane1.woundsTb=&cr;&nl;cs.CombatPane1.subdualTb=&cr;&nl;

                      and looking back, it's been there a while
                      now, the question is - how did that get there?
                      Dunno, but I'll remove it anyway!

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 24, 2011
                        I just re-downloaded and installed. Things appear to be working correctly
                        now. Thanks to all involved.

                        Sam Robinson

                        [.]

                        Hi,

                        Darn, that'd be one of mine. I've updated the fix and uploaded it. Just for
                        those tracking stats we
                        had 65 downloads of the new release of OOC.

                        I deleted the bad version and just replaced it with the fixed copy.

                        On 4/23/2011 4:30 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > On 24/04/2011 8:56 AM Saxum Caribetum wrote
                        >> On 23/04/2011 23:23, Samuel Robinson wrote:
                        >>> We are getting an error about 80% through rendering that XML document
                        >>> structures must start and end within the same entity. I can think of a
                        >>> number of things that could cause such a message, but have not
                        troubleshot
                        >>> this yet. I recommend restraint until this is understood. It seems to
                        happen
                        >>> with all character sheets, but not spell books.
                        >>>

                        >>> Sam Robinson
                        >>>
                        >> quick test to confirm - yes, with the newly downloaded update 5 for
                        >> 5.16.4, export to PDF breaks about 80% done with the same error about
                        XML.
                        >> Oops!
                        > I've reported this as http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-70 and fixed it.
                        > The problem was in traits output. You can test the fix if you grab the
                        > latest base.xml

                        <http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/outputsheets/base
                        .xml?revision=14855
                        <http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/outputsheets/base
                        .xml?revision=14855&pathrev=14855> &pathrev=14855>
                        > and place it in your outputsheets folder.
                        >
                        > Looks like we'll need a new OOC release once this fix is confirmed.
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > James Dempsey
                        > PCGen Code SB

                        [.]

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 30, 2011

                          Regrab Pathfinder OOC#5, there was a fix put into it 24 hours after it's initial release.