Feature Request (CODE-546)

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011
      Second (ok, actually third!) feature request of the day...

      When a character is loaded, can any errors be written to a seperate window, just as the 'source load' errors are, please.

      With each error message (typically due to homebrew code) requiring an active confirmation click, not only does it slow down the loading of the character, but means that I have to remember (or note elsewhere) what the error was to come back and fix it.

      If all the character load issues were noted to a seperate window, just as the data source load errors are, then there's no interuption to the loading (I can load a party file and go and get coffee!) and all the errors are clearly visible and logged for me to work through and fix.

      The other feature request for reference, was that if I export an entire party to pdf, that all the file name prompts are done first, before the rendering - again, let me click 'go' and walk away from the computer rather than waiting, clicking on the next prompt and waiting again...etc.

      Cheers
      Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011

        Nice little summary. Though, you may not realize this, but all the key people see all the JIRA
        trackers as they are submitted and commented on. You don't need to post everything in the tracker
        here, I promise, the correct people are seeing these JIRA entries. [I'm basically seeing your entry
        and this post, so twice the traffic per issue].

        Cheers,

        On 4/6/2011 7:57 AM, FerretDave wrote:
        > Second (ok, actually third!) feature request of the day...
        >
        > When a character is loaded, can any errors be written to a seperate window, just as the 'source load' errors are, please.
        >
        > With each error message (typically due to homebrew code) requiring an active confirmation click, not only does it slow down the loading of the character, but means that I have to remember (or note elsewhere) what the error was to come back and fix it.
        >
        > If all the character load issues were noted to a seperate window, just as the data source load errors are, then there's no interuption to the loading (I can load a party file and go and get coffee!) and all the errors are clearly visible and logged for me to work through and fix.
        >
        > The other feature request for reference, was that if I export an entire party to pdf, that all the file name prompts are done first, before the rendering - again, let me click 'go' and walk away from the computer rather than waiting, clicking on the next prompt and waiting again...etc.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Dave

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011
          Ah, sorry!
          Every day is a learning experience... :-)