Players Guide to Arcanis Class and Race Bugs

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
      Somethings I have noticed wrong with the Arcanis Data Sheets specifically the
      Players Guide of Arcanis.

      1. Racial restrictions for the Holy Champions classes. On some of them the Holy Champion of Cadic for instance the code says PRERACE:1,Elorii,Dwarf,Ss'ressen, where as the PGtA pg84 reads

      "Races: Val and humans make up the majority of the Twilight Warriors, with the val'Borda being the most predominant due to their affinity with the Lord of Shadows. Darkkin, half-orcs, half-hobgoblins, and gnomes are able to join the holy order, but these are so rare as to be almost unknown. Due to their strongly-held and different religious beliefs, Elorii, dwarves, and ss'ressen are not eligible for this class"

      The races that are in the code should not be there but Val, Darkkin, Half-orc, half-hobgoblins and gnomes should. There are several classes that are like this.

      2. The skill points are all messed up. It only gives you for Instance the Holy Judge of Nier 2+INT Mod. I know the players guide says "Skill points at each level: 2 + Int modifier", but it makes no mention of starting points. I know that when ever I played Living Arcanis it was a given that starting points were always multiplied by 4 like all the other D&D classes (ie rogue, fighter, barbarian etc..). For some reason this is not working with any of the new PGtA classes.

      3. The Blood Powers for the Val. I create a val with Bloodrank two, but it only lets me select one Power and then tells me all the other ones I don't meet the requirements for. Though I dont know how the code works for every blood rank you have you get one power. If you gain a Bloodrank, and you already have say 2 level one powers you can then pick a level two power.

      These are just some of the things I have noticed. I hope this is clearer.
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011

        On 4/3/2011 6:31 AM, Christopher wrote:
        > Somethings I have noticed wrong with the Arcanis Data Sheets specifically the
        > Players Guide of Arcanis.
        >
        > 1. Racial restrictions for the Holy Champions classes. On some of them the Holy Champion of Cadic for instance the code says PRERACE:1,Elorii,Dwarf,Ss'ressen, where as the PGtA pg84 reads
        >
        > "Races: Val and humans make up the majority of the Twilight Warriors, with the val'Borda being the most predominant due to their affinity with the Lord of Shadows. Darkkin, half-orcs, half-hobgoblins, and gnomes are able to join the holy order, but these are so rare as to be almost unknown. Due to their strongly-held and different religious beliefs, Elorii, dwarves, and ss'ressen are not eligible for this class"
        >
        > The races that are in the code should not be there but Val, Darkkin, Half-orc, half-hobgoblins and gnomes should. There are several classes that are like this.

        Interesting, sounds like someone perhaps missed the whole "!" which would restrict those particular
        races, easily fixed.

        > 2. The skill points are all messed up. It only gives you for Instance the Holy Judge of Nier 2+INT Mod. I know the players guide says "Skill points at each level: 2 + Int modifier", but it makes no mention of starting points. I know that when ever I played Living Arcanis it was a given that starting points were always multiplied by 4 like all the other D&D classes (ie rogue, fighter, barbarian etc..). For some reason this is not working with any of the new PGtA classes.

        That will require a little digging, see if there was a precedent in the rules. Though x4 at first
        level is standard fare for most systems, except Pathfinder.

        > 3. The Blood Powers for the Val. I create a val with Bloodrank two, but it only lets me select one Power and then tells me all the other ones I don't meet the requirements for. Though I dont know how the code works for every blood rank you have you get one power. If you gain a Bloodrank, and you already have say 2 level one powers you can then pick a level two power.

        That'll be a digging deal. Do you have a page number for reference to ease this search?

        > These are just some of the things I have noticed. I hope this is clearer.

        Thanks, much better.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Christopher
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011

          > On 4/3/2011 6:31 AM, Christopher wrote:
          > > Somethings I have noticed wrong with the Arcanis Data Sheets specifically the
          > > Players Guide of Arcanis.
          > >
          > > 1. Racial restrictions for the Holy Champions classes. On some of them the Holy Champion of Cadic for instance the code says PRERACE:1,Elorii,Dwarf,Ss'ressen, where as the PGtA pg84 reads
          > >
          > > "Races: Val and humans make up the majority of the Twilight Warriors, with the val'Borda being the most predominant due to their affinity with the Lord of Shadows. Darkkin, half-orcs, half-hobgoblins, and gnomes are able to join the holy order, but these are so rare as to be almost unknown. Due to their strongly-held and different religious beliefs, Elorii, dwarves, and ss'ressen are not eligible for this class"
          > >
          > > The races that are in the code should not be there but Val, Darkkin, Half-orc, half-hobgoblins and gnomes should. There are several classes that are like this.
          >
          > Interesting, sounds like someone perhaps missed the whole "!" which would restrict those particular
          > races, easily fixed.
          >
          > > 2. The skill points are all messed up. It only gives you for Instance the Holy Judge of Nier 2+INT Mod. I know the players guide says "Skill points at each level: 2 + Int modifier", but it makes no mention of starting points. I know that when ever I played Living Arcanis it was a given that starting points were always multiplied by 4 like all the other D&D classes (ie rogue, fighter, barbarian etc..). For some reason this is not working with any of the new PGtA classes.
          >
          > That will require a little digging, see if there was a precedent in the rules. Though x4 at first
          > level is standard fare for most systems, except Pathfinder.
          >
          > > 3. The Blood Powers for the Val. I create a val with Bloodrank two, but it only lets me select one Power and then tells me all the other ones I don't meet the requirements for. Though I dont know how the code works for every blood rank you have you get one power. If you gain a Bloodrank, and you already have say 2 level one powers you can then pick a level two power.
          >
          > That'll be a digging deal. Do you have a page number for reference to ease this search?

          Ok here is what the book says on page 273 "Once a Val's bloodline and blood rank have been determined,
          he must select his bloodline powers. The number of
          these powers is equal to the Val's blood rank, and the powers
          are divided into different levels of strength. Whenever there is
          more than one bloodline power for any given level, a Val must
          possess two powers from that level before he can select powers
          of the next higher level."

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011

            I've forwarded this along to Shelley, as she was the monkey that did the brunt of the work on
            Arcanis. If she hasn't responded by tonight, I'll tackle these issues myself. Thanks for the timely
            excerpts. Makes it much easier to fix.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
              It seems I had an old copy of the files, the Skill points thing is fixed with a new copy, but the other issues I have raised are still there.

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
                Yes, I'm going through them and correcting the PRERACE issue. It'll be a while. It's hard to work on
                LST files and tend to 9-1-1 patients at the same time :P

                Those patients tend to take higher priority in most cases. ;)

                Glad the skills issue is resolved for you.

                Cheers,

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
                  Okay, I've fixed those entries:
                  Completed: At revision: 14748

                  And if everything looks correct we can close the tracker:
                  http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-254

                  You can grab the fixed data set for yourself as a download here:
                  http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paradigmconcepts/arcanis/players_guide_to_arcanis/?view=tar

                  Cheers,

                • Christopher
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
                    With the Race Prerequisites I am still seeing issues with Twilight Warrior, Verdant Champion, and Deathbringer.

                    For the Deathbringers pg 98 says "Races: Val and humans make up the majority of the Deathbringers, with val'Mordane being the most predominant due to their affinity with the Lord of the Tombs. Dark-kin, dwarves, half-orcs, and gnomes are able to join this holy order, but these are so rare as to be almost unknown. Due to their strongly-held and dramatically different religious beliefs, Elorii and ss'ressen are not eligible for this class."

                    For the Verdant Champion pg 104 says "Races: Val and humans make up the majority of the Verdant Champions, with val'Dellenov being the most predominant Val family due to their affinity for the Earth Goddess. Dark-kin,gnomes, half-orcs, and half-hobgoblins are able to join the holy order, but are so rare as to be almost unheard of. Due to their strong and different religious beliefs, Elorii, dwarves, and ss'ressen are not eligible for this class."

                    For the Verdant Champion pg 104 says "Races: Val and humans make up the majority of the Twilight Warriors, with the val'Borda being the most predominant due to their affinity with the Lord of Shadows. Darkkin, half-orcs, half-hobgoblins, and gnomes are able to join the holy order, but these are so rare as to be almost unknown. Due to their strongly-held and different religious beliefs, Elorii, dwarves, and ss'ressen are not eligible for this class."

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 5, 2011

                      Can you verify that you completely replaced the data set with the one I provided a link to? (i.e.
                      you aren't still loading the old set)
                      Cause each example you're citing has been fixed in the copy I have uploaded to the server.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 5, 2011
                        Just downloaded the data again from the link you provided. Still there. Even looked at the raw data to make sure.