Re: [pcgen] Issue assigning Pathfinder traits

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31 12:36 PM
      Upload the .pcg file to the file area or send it to me and I'll take a
      look at it. Also, what version of PCGen are you using, and what level of
      the datasets?

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

      Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
      of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.

      On 3/31/2011 3:32 PM, chriscchesley wrote:
      > I am creating a Pathfinder Summoner. I have a couple of issues that I need help with.
      >
      > 1. Almost all of the traits are red and i cannot assign them. I see the following message for the trait I would like "Gifted Adept Type: Trait. BasicTrait. MagicTrait Can be taken more than once Requirements: at least 1 of ( at least 1 Gifted Adept ~ Trait Special Ability, less than 1 of ( at least 1 TYPE.MagicTrait Special Ability ) )". I do not know what i am doing wrong and why i cannot pick this or most of the other traits.
      >
      > 2. I have the Kingmaker Players guide loaded and i do not see and cannot add the Pioneer trait.
      >
      > Thanks for the help, love the program!
      >
      > Chris

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • papa_drb
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
        "Feats & Abilities" tab, "Traits" sub-tab, on the left side under "Traits" heading, you have "No Traits" selected. That "reds out" all the standard traits. Get rid of that (double left click to move it back to the left panel) and you can then select two traits.

        You have already selected the Pioneer trait. It is under "Campaign Traits" on the right side.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "chriscchesley" <ChrisChesley@...> wrote:

        > I am creating a Pathfinder Summoner. I have a couple of issues that I need help with.
        >
        > 1. Almost all of the traits are red and i cannot assign them. I see the following message for the trait I would like "Gifted Adept Type: Trait. BasicTrait. MagicTrait   Can be taken more than once Requirements: at least 1 of ( at least 1 Gifted Adept ~ Trait Special Ability, less than 1 of ( at least 1 TYPE.MagicTrait Special Ability ) )". I do not know what i am doing wrong and why i cannot pick this or most of the other traits.
        >
        > 2. I have the Kingmaker Players guide loaded and i do not see and cannot add the Pioneer trait.
        >
        > Thanks for the help, love the program!
        >
        > Chris

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
          change /left side/right side/ first instance... *sigh*

          On 4/1/2011 6:04 PM, papa_drb wrote:
          > "Feats& Abilities" tab, "Traits" sub-tab, on the left side under "Traits" heading, you have "No Traits" selected. That "reds out" all the standard traits. Get rid of that (double left click to move it back to the left panel) and you can then select two traits.
          >
          > You have already selected the Pioneer trait. It is under "Campaign Traits" on the right side.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "chriscchesley"<ChrisChesley@...> wrote:
          >> I am creating a Pathfinder Summoner. I have a couple of issues that I need help with.
          >>
          >> 1. Almost all of the traits are red and i cannot assign them. I see the following message for the trait I would like "Gifted Adept Type: Trait. BasicTrait. MagicTrait Can be taken more than once Requirements: at least 1 of ( at least 1 Gifted Adept ~ Trait Special Ability, less than 1 of ( at least 1 TYPE.MagicTrait Special Ability ) )". I do not know what i am doing wrong and why i cannot pick this or most of the other traits.
          >>
          >> 2. I have the Kingmaker Players guide loaded and i do not see and cannot add the Pioneer trait.
          >>
          >> Thanks for the help, love the program!
          >>
          >> Chris

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        • chriscchesley
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
            Thank you Dave! My apologies for missing that. Everything is perfect now.

            Chris