Re: [pcgen] Re: PFRPG -

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2011
      Open a JIRA Code Freq please. Point it back to the FAQ entry on Paizo,
      thanks.

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

      Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
      of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.

      On 3/29/2011 10:03 PM, Matthew Thompson wrote:
      > It has changed.
      >
      > http://paizo.com/paizo/blog
      >
      > Entry entitled Monkey See, Monkey Do.
      >
      > Jason Buhlman wrote an FAQ on animals gaining 3+ intelligence. One of the
      > things that happens at that point is they gain a single language, among
      > qualifying for feats they couldn't take before.
      >

      > If an animal is fully sentient (like from an Awaken spell), they can take class
      > levels as well.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • papa_drb
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30, 2011
        I am reading the Blog Discussion thread on Paizo and this is a rule change per Jason....

        "They do and this is an intentional change we are making. The rules leave no room for an animal to gain intelligence without somehow transforming into a magical beast, which comes with a whole host of changes. There has to be room here for corner cases and exceptions, which this absolute rule does not allow.

        Jason Bulmahn"

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        > Open a JIRA Code Freq please. Point it back to the FAQ entry on Paizo,
        > thanks.
        >
        > -- david
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > My better half and me (jpg)
        > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

        > Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
        > of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.
        >
        > On 3/29/2011 10:03 PM, Matthew Thompson wrote:
        > > It has changed.
        > >
        > > http://paizo.com/paizo/blog
        > >
        > > Entry entitled Monkey See, Monkey Do.
        > >
        > > Jason Buhlman wrote an FAQ on animals gaining 3+ intelligence. One of the
        > > things that happens at that point is they gain a single language, among
        > > qualifying for feats they couldn't take before.
        > >

        > > If an animal is fully sentient (like from an Awaken spell), they can take class
        > > levels as well.
      • Matthew Thompson
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30, 2011
          :)

          Where do I do that?

          ________________________________
          Open a JIRA Code Freq please. Point it back to the FAQ entry on Paizo,
          thanks.

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)

          Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
          of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.

          On 3/29/2011 10:03 PM, Matthew Thompson wrote:
          > It has changed.
          >
          > http://paizo.com/paizo/blog
          >
          > Entry entitled Monkey See, Monkey Do.
          >
          > Jason Buhlman wrote an FAQ on animals gaining 3+ intelligence. One of the
          > things that happens at that point is they gain a single language, among
          > qualifying for feats they couldn't take before.
          >

          > If an animal is fully sentient (like from an Awaken spell), they can take
          class
          > levels as well.
          >

          > ________________________________

          Greased Lightbox
          →←+-↻
          Click anywhere to cancel
          Image unavailable

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2011
            http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

            and the link to the guide on how to use it is here:

            http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_Jira_Guide

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            On 3/30/2011 9:08 AM, Matthew Thompson wrote:
            > :)
            >
            > Where do I do that?

          • Matthew Thompson
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2011
              Code-541 created (if I did it right, first one)