Re: [pcgen] Re: Question about Spells for 3.5e

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2011
      Hi Joseph,

      Would that be the beta Java 7 or latest patch of Java 6?

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 29/03/2011 7:57 AM Wordsmithe75 wrote
      > Hi James:
      >
      > No I'm not on Linux, on a windows xp netbook. I have the latest java installed on my computer. It's an Acer Aspire One with an external 500gb hard drive which the program is installed on.
      >
      > Joseph
      >

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
      >> Hi Joseph,
      >>
      >> On 29/03/2011 1:33 AM Wordsmithe75 wrote
      >>> Hi When I start PCGEN and load the 3.5e files I cannot get the character classes or the spells listed in the pull down menu of the Character creation Summary. What am I doing wrong?
      >>>
      >> Are you on linux by any chance? If so you need to use the sun jre not
      >> the open jdk.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >> James.
    • Wordsmithe75
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 29, 2011
        Hi James:

        It is the latest patch of Java 6 installed...update 24.

        Joseph

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2011

          My suggestion is re-install the program.

          There aren't any reports of those particular lists not being populated in any windows / linux / mac
          OS to date. The issue James was thinking of has to do with the Advanced Loader screen where nothing
          is listed to load. Since this is not the case, I can only conclude a corrupted install. If you don't
          want to re-install, then at least switch to the 'Classes' tab and see if any classes are listed
          there. Class Spell List will only display if you have a character with at least one class level in a
          spell casting class.

          However, if you do want to help debug, run pcgen from the command prompt so you can see all the
          error messages. Post the error messages here or send it to me direct.