Re: [pcgen] trouble loading Pathfinder Advanced players guide.

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 28, 2011

      You need to either:
      1) Switch to the Advanced Load Screen to add that data set as it's not part of the Core
      2) Add it to the Basic Loader using the controls available.

      Once you load it, you'll have access to all the APG source book goodness.

      Cheers,

      On 3/27/2011 8:17 PM, chriscchesley wrote:
      > I am running PCgen 5164 on Windows. The program runs great and i love it. It did not have the advanced guide in it, so i downloaded the OCC data sets (5.16.4 OCC datasets) and was able to apply it. I still do not see the Summoner class as i expected.
      >
      > What am i doing wrong?
      >
      > Thanks!

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • chriscchesley
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 28, 2011
        Got it!

        Thank you very much! Love the program!

        > You need to either:
        > 1) Switch to the Advanced Load Screen to add that data set as it's not part of the Core
        > 2) Add it to the Basic Loader using the controls available.
        >
        > Once you load it, you'll have access to all the APG source book goodness.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >

        > On 3/27/2011 8:17 PM, chriscchesley wrote:
        > > I am running PCgen 5164 on Windows. The program runs great and i love it. It did not have the advanced guide in it, so i downloaded the OCC data sets (5.16.4 OCC datasets) and was able to apply it. I still do not see the Summoner class as i expected.
        > >
        > > What am i doing wrong?
        > >
        > > Thanks!

        > > Related Lists

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Jeff Miller
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 10, 2011
          I'm having trouble too. I tried it in 5.16.4 and in 5.17.6. I am using Win7.

          In trouble shooting, I did a full uninstall and reinstall. I also tried reinstalling into a different directory in case there was some Win7 funkiness from operating in the Program Files directory.

          I'm using the advanced load screen.

          In both cases, the APG supplement appears but it is red and it will not allow itself to be moved over into the right side.

          When I run PCGen (both versions), The traits are there but they are all red and attempting to select them causes a message that says that I don't have the necessary prerequisites.

          Any ideas?

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 10, 2011

            Remove ALL sets on the Right Hand Side.
            Select Pathfinder Core Rules, Bestiary, and then APG.
            Do not Select Traits, as those are covered by APG.

            On 4/10/2011 5:39 PM, Jeff Miller wrote:
            > I'm having trouble too. I tried it in 5.16.4 and in 5.17.6. I am using Win7.
            >
            > In trouble shooting, I did a full uninstall and reinstall. I also tried reinstalling into a different directory in case there was some Win7 funkiness from operating in the Program Files directory.
            >
            > I'm using the advanced load screen.
            >
            > In both cases, the APG supplement appears but it is red and it will not allow itself to be moved over into the right side.
            >
            > When I run PCGen (both versions), The traits are there but they are all red and attempting to select them causes a message that says that I don't have the necessary prerequisites.
            >
            > Any ideas?
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "chriscchesley"<ChrisChesley@...> wrote:
            >> Got it!
            >>
            >> Thank you very much! Love the program!

            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew<drew0500@> wrote:
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> You need to either:
            >>> 1) Switch to the Advanced Load Screen to add that data set as it's not part of the Core
            >>> 2) Add it to the Basic Loader using the controls available.
            >>>
            >>> Once you load it, you'll have access to all the APG source book goodness.
            >>>
            >>> Cheers,

            >>> --
            >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 10, 2011

              I think we need to set up a default quick source that gets people
              started with the APG. Any suggestions for a name for this one?

              Cheers,
              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 10, 2011
                Pathfinder w/ APG?

                PF Core + APG?

                Core + Bestiary + APG?

                I'd choose whichever looks decent on the Quick Load.

                On 4/10/2011 6:02 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > I think we need to set up a default quick source that gets people
                > started with the APG. Any suggestions for a name for this one?
                >
                > Cheers,
                > James Dempsey
                > PCGen Code SB
                >
                > On 11 April 2011 10:42, Andrew<drew0500@...> wrote:
                >> Hi,
                >>

                >> Remove ALL sets on the Right Hand Side.
                >> Select Pathfinder Core Rules, Bestiary, and then APG.
                >> Do not Select Traits, as those are covered by APG.
                >>

                >> On 4/10/2011 5:39 PM, Jeff Miller wrote:
                >>> I'm having trouble too. I tried it in 5.16.4 and in 5.17.6. I am using Win7.
                >>>
                >>> In trouble shooting, I did a full uninstall and reinstall. I also tried reinstalling into a different directory in case there was some Win7 funkiness from operating in the Program Files directory.
                >>>
                >>> I'm using the advanced load screen.
                >>>
                >>> In both cases, the APG supplement appears but it is red and it will not allow itself to be moved over into the right side.
                >>>
                >>> When I run PCGen (both versions), The traits are there but they are all red and attempting to select them causes a message that says that I don't have the necessary prerequisites.
                >>>
                >>> Any ideas?

                > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 10, 2011
                  Hi Folks! (as I stick my head out from under a smock scented rock . . . )

                  Andrew wrote:

                  > Pathfinder w/ APG?
                  >
                  > PF Core + APG?

                  I second this one.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 10, 2011
                    Ok, the smock smells like smoke too . . .

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 11, 2011
                      Thank you.

                      I tried this in 5.17.6.

                      That got the APG to load but it still doesn't allow me to select
                      traits. It says that the prerequisits have not been met. Oddly enough,
                      the traits that have terrain types are selectable.

                      On 4/10/2011 5:42 PM, Andrew wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > Remove ALL sets on the Right Hand Side.
                      > Select Pathfinder Core Rules, Bestiary, and then APG.
                      > Do not Select Traits, as those are covered by APG.
                      >
                      > On 4/10/2011 5:39 PM, Jeff Miller wrote:
                      > > I'm having trouble too. I tried it in 5.16.4 and in 5.17.6. I am
                      > using Win7.
                      > >
                      > > In trouble shooting, I did a full uninstall and reinstall. I also
                      > tried reinstalling into a different directory in case there was some
                      > Win7 funkiness from operating in the Program Files directory.
                      > >
                      > > I'm using the advanced load screen.
                      > >
                      > > In both cases, the APG supplement appears but it is red and it will
                      > not allow itself to be moved over into the right side.
                      > >
                      > > When I run PCGen (both versions), The traits are there but they are
                      > all red and attempting to select them causes a message that says that
                      > I don't have the necessary prerequisites.
                      > >
                      > > Any ideas?
                      > >
                      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
                      > "chriscchesley"<ChrisChesley@...> wrote:
                      > >> Got it!
                      > >>
                      > >> Thank you very much! Love the program!

                      > >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,

                      > not part of the Core

                      > goodness.

                      > love it. It did not have the advanced guide in it, so i downloaded the
                      > OCC data sets (5.16.4 OCC datasets) and was able to apply it. I still
                      > do not see the Summoner class as i expected.

                      > > Related Lists
                      > > PCGen's Online Docs:
                      > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
                      > >
                      > > PCGen List File Help: